Friday, January 19, 2024

January 19, 2023 Lunch - PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - Shrimp in garlic and wine cream sauce with spinach over spaghetti

January 19, 2023 Lunch - PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner - Shrimp in garlic and wine cream sauce with spinach over spaghetti


I awakened at 7:30. Suzette showed me how to make a cup of cafe au lait with steamed and heated milk and clean the new Miele coffee machine.  I heated a chocolate croissant to eat with the cup of coffee.


I talked to Charles, the painter, and watched Henry’s helpers bring in the sheets of Duro Roc to cover the wooden sub floor.


I then read a lease and at 11:45 started heating the rest of the PPI Miso Noodle Soup I made yesterday with the addition of another stalk of bok Choy diced, another 5 oz. sheet of tofu diced, a handful of fresh spinach and another T. of red miso plus about another cup of water.


When the soup was heated and I had filled a bowl of it the phone range and I was in a 2 1/2 hour Google meet meeting with my new client.


At 3:00 I finally ate the last two bowls of soup with some fresh cilantro and hoisin.



Then I checked the market and discovered that it had had another stellar day with a strong close instead of the usual Friday afternoon sell of.  Could this be the soft landing economists have been predicting with GDP growth, reduced unemployment and a falling inflation growth rate.


Anyway this market has reacted positively to the improved economic conditions.  My portfolio has risen 3.8% in the last two days which is amazing.


Suzette arrived home a bit after 4:00 hungry.  I took a walk around the block and then helped prep dinner.


 I suggested using the shrimp I bought at El Super on Wednesday to make a pasta dish with spinach and shallots.


I minced two shallots and six or seven cloves of garlic and then de-stemmed a bunch of spinach and chopped about 2 T. of parsley and finally we peeled about 18 medium heads off White Ecuadorean shrimp.


Suzette sautéed the hallows and garlic in butter and then added white wine mixed with flour to make a roux and when added white wine and cream to make the cream sauce and finally added the spinach and shrimp.


Suzette boiled a lb. of spaghetti and the plated about a cup of it in each pasta bowl and then added the shrimp in cream sauce and garnished the top with grated Parmesan cheese and minced parsley.




Suzette fetched a bottle of French Palantir Sauvignon Blanc from the garage and we had a lovely dinner except the cream sauce was not thick and Suzette did not eat her shrimp for fear they were past their prime.


Later to help my digestion I ate a bowl of yogurt with blueberries and a drizzle of honey.


We watched a wonderful movie on Netflix about how local attorney Nancy Hollander represented a Mauritanian man accused of being one of the masterminds behind the 911 attack who was held in Gitmo.  She got him released after 13 years of litigation in which he was never charged with a crime on a motion of habeas corpus because the government’s case was corrupted by evidence of the use of torture to extract a confession.  Jodie Foster played the Nancy Hollander role. I loved the movie.  


Then Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I stayed up to watch the Ken Burns production of the Walter Isaacson biography of Ben Franklin with a cup of tea and two chocolates.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment