Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January 23, 2024 Lunch - Tabouli Salad with Pita. Dinner- Pasta with Seafood Cream Sauce

January 23, 2024 Lunch - Tabouli Salad with Pita. Dinner- Pasta with Seafood Cream Sauce

Henry came by in the morning with two Duchess Honey Buns and four cup cakes.  We made a carafe of coffee and heated milk that I whisked and heated the honey buns. I also heated the last chocolate croissant that we shared and we had a great breakfast together.


Then at 1:30 I made a salad of romaine lettuce, radish slices, diced yellow onion, a few T. of tabouli, and a sliced Persian cucumber.  Added lemon juice to the bottle of dressing and dressed the salad and heated a pita and spread it with labni. I drank water.



I walked with Carol to the Country Club and back at 4:00 and accumulated 3352 steps today.


When I returned I checked the Market and was pleased that my portfolio went up again for the fourth day in a row.  Today was a smaller gain of .5% but a gain nonetheless.


Suzette was at home when I returned home from my walk with Carol.


We discussed dinner. Suzette suggested heating the PPI spaghetti.  I suggested adding poached some frozen fish and using the poaching liquid and milk to make a cream sauce by adding the liquids to a cooked flour and butter roux, which is what she did. Suzette poached pieces of salmon and cod in her usual poaching medium of butter, white wine and water.


Willy arrived around 6:00 and wanted to add several of the fresh portobello mushrooms. We sliced four nice mushrooms and sautéed them in butter and amontillado sherry and added them to the fish in cream sauce. Suzette then added the mussels to the cream sauce and covered the casserole and the mussels steamed open.


Suzette then re-heated the PPI spaghetti and parsley in the microwave and plated the spaghetti and spooned the seafood in cream sauce over the pasta.  The cream sauce was rather light milky consistency.



Suzette had chilled a bottle of Austrian Gruner Vietliner that was lovely with the creamy sauce of the dish.


Willy left after dinner and we watch enough of the returns from the New Hampshire Republican Party primary to see that Trump is on his way to the Republican nomination for president.


Suzette started watching House Hunters International and I read my book and dozed until 10;15 when I got up to write this blog.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment