Monday, January 9, 2023

January 9, 2023 Breakfast - granola, yogurt and blueberries and milk

January 9, 2023 Breakfast - granola, yogurt and blueberries and milk

Lunch - Barelas Coffee Shop. Dinner - Chicken Noodle Soup


I worked from 9:00 until 5:15 today with exception for a 1 1/2 hour lunch.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt at 10:00 then at 12:30 Henry drove us to Barelas Coffee Shop.  I decided to try their enchiladas. I ordered beef enchiladas with onions and red chili with double beans.  Henry ordered Carne Adovada with hash brown and beans.






Henry’s order was correct but I received cheese enchiladas.without onions.


Our waitress turned out to be Henry’s Wife’s cousin, so when she asked me if everything was alright I told her they forgot the meat and the onions, but out an sunny side up egg on top.


Henry had shared some of his carne adovado with me suggested they bring me a bowl of Carne Adovado and it was a delicious flavorful pork and chili stew, so when he suggested that I readily agreed.


Soon his cousin brought a side bowl heaping with minced onion and a tiny bowl with one piece of carne adovado and when she asked if that was enough carne, I said, “No.”


So she brought me a bigger bowl the size of the onion bowl heaping full of carne that covered my plate and allowed me to share with Henry to pay him back for the carne he shared.


Henry’s cousin, Mrs. Herrera told me to eat it all when she brought the second bowl of carne but I could not eat it all.


She was kind enough to bring a warm flour tortilla and aluminum foil and made me a burrito and wrapped it and the remaining two flour tortilla halves in aluminum foil at the table and handed me the two rolls of aluminum and said, “Now you have another meal.”


I agreed and left her a good tip.


We drove home and worked until 5:45 after the National Championship game between TCU and Georgia. When I sat down Georgia was up by 7 to 0. Georgia recovered a fumble and took it down and TCU’s defense stopped Georgia and forced Georgia to kick a field goal.


TCU then scored a touchdown to bring them to within 3 points of Georgia, but after that Georgia’s defense and Offense over-powered TCU.


                                            Wearing my TCU hat waiting to cheer for TCU


Georgia won the National Championship last year and has 5 star players two and three deep at every position. What it did was switch fresh players in every other play and those fresh superior players played like a well oiled machine and soon wore down TCU.


Georgia went on to score 55 more unanswered points to win the National Championship and establish itself as the dominant nation football power.


TCU has the consolation of being the second best team in the nation, which is not an insignificant honor for a small school of TCU’s size.


At 6:30 Suzette made a lovely Chicken noodle soup.  She shredded the meat off the carcass and boiled the remaining bone and wings with diced celery, carrot, and onion to make a stock.  Then she cooked the chicken meat, fresh diced carrot, and egg noodles to make an enriched soup. 


Chicken soup was exactly what my body needed after the onslaught of pork and sauerkraut casserole last night and carne adovado enchiladas at lunch today.


We switched back and forth from the TCU debacle to the Antiques Roadshow, which coincidentally featured Fort Worth from 7:00 to 8:00 and then a mansion in Woodside, Calif., near San Francisco from 8:00 to 9:00.


Suzette then went to sleep and I stayed up to blog.


Suzette woke and started working at 6:30 this morning and I slept until 8:00 and she typically needs 8 hours of sleep and I typically need 6 1/2 to 7 hours, so I usually stay awake longer than her. She even dozed off after 8:00 in the big comfortable chair near the warmth radiating from the fireplace.


After Suzette went to bed I drank a cup of chai with two pecan sandies and went to bed at 11:00.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment