Tuesday, January 24, 2023

January 23, 2023 Lunch - Chipotle Salad. Dinner - Fish Tacos with red cabbage and Tropical fruit salsa

 January 23, 2023 Lunch - Chipotle Salad. Dinner - Fish Tacos with red cabbage and Tropical fruit salsa


Today was a light food day that almost turned into a disaster.  My CPD condition is triggered when I do not eat regular meals and today I came close.  I woke up and showered and instead of eating something for breakfast I drove to my 11:00 Covid test appointment at Presbyterian’s West side facility at 3901 Atrisco NW.  After the appointment I drove home and began to weaken so by 12:00 I ate 1/2 of a toasted blueberry bagel, spread with cream cheese and blackberry jelly and garnished with slices of Iberico cheese and drank a cup of tea with milk.  I soon recovered much of my strength sitting at my desk and working.


Rahim arrived at 1:00 with chicken salads with a scoop of guacamole and sides of rice and black beans from Chipotle.  I have never eaten Chipotle’s food and found it adequately fresh and flavorful but not generous.


After lunch we worked on a document until 3:45.  Suzette came home soon after hungry, so we decided to make fish tacos with the additional thawed rockfish.  Suzette chopped red cabbage and chopped 1/2 of one of the unripe avocados I bought at El Super and steamed several blue corn tortillas and cubed several fish fillets, coated them with flour and salt and pepper and fried them in the oil left from dinner two nights ago.  Suzette also mixed some natural crema with basil mayonnaise to make a sauce to flavor the tortilla and diced 1/2 tomato.


She then made plates by spreading sauce on two steamed tortillas and making a pile of fried fish, tomato cubes, and fruit salsa on each tortilla and placing the fruit salsa and chopped red cabbage on the table so we could garnish our tacos if we wished.


This is the style of fish tacos as served in San Diego.


We enjoyed the tacos and I ate a third one while I was clearing the dishwasher.


At 7:00 there was a big treat, the Antiques Roadshow from Santa Fe.  Then we watched an hour of Roadshow from Indianapolis.


Suzette scooped me a bowl of Spumoni ice cream that I ate while watching the Roadshow. August 


Suzette had awakened at 5:30, so she went to bed at 9:00 but I stayed up to watch the news until 12:00 midnight.  It looks like Ukraine will receive German Leopard tanks soon.


Also there other major developments in world affairs that have had significant economic impacts, including the U.S. trying to both develop a better relationship with China and China ending its Covid lock down, while criticizing China for its government industries doing business with Russia. 


The price of oil has risen since China abandoned its zero Covid policy and Chinese stocks have risen and U.S. tech stocks have soared.


Friday my portfolio gained 1 1/2% and today it gained over 2 1/2%.


I doubt this phenomenal growth can continue for long, but it is a welcome change from the doom and gloom the Market has experienced since the beginning of the year.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment