Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3, 2023 Lunch - Don Sushi. Dinner - Penne Pasta with Sautéed Lamb, mushrooms, shallot, Burrata cheese and Porcini and White Truffle Sauce

January 3, 2023 Lunch - Don Sushi. Dinner - Penne Pasta with Sautéed Lamb, mushrooms, shallot, Burrata cheese and Porcini and White Truffle Sauce


I watched the Speaker vote for some of the morning until my client came at 11:00.


The display of party disunity could not have been clearer, especially when the democrats were so united.


I don’t know if this is the beginning of the end of the Trump influence on the Republicans and the insurrectionist wing of the party, but it is really ugly.


This does not appear to be a Republican Party that can lead the House forward.


My client, Henry, took me to lunch at a new restaurant to me, Don Sushi at 212 Silver SW.  it is both a Mexican seafood restaurant and a Japanese restaurant. We split four items, chicken fried rice, tuna ceviche, a New Mexico roll and a fried shrimp roll.


It was a lot of food but we ate it all.  I liked the ceviche a lot. It reminded me of the amazing tuna ceviche we ate in Hermosillo at Easter. The fried rice was fluffy and tasted more like Spanish rice, which was okay with me.


The rolls were big and I thought the rice was not as heavily sushi flavored as I was used to.  I removed the green chili from the New Mexico roll and dipped the remaining salmon and rice roll into a mixture of wasabi and soy and followed it with a leaf of pickled ginger.


The breaded and fried shrimp roll was the best.  I reminded me of a soft shell crab roll.  


This was not a cheap meal but it was amazingly tasty.


The waitress spoke Spanish.  I was happy that Henry is fluent in Spanish.


I ordered corn tortillas with the ceviche and he translated and the waitress brought the standard fried corn tortilla topos that we spooned the ceviche onto to eat.


I drank a beer and Henry ordered a drink or lemonade.


Henry returned me home at 4:00, just in time to see The Beat with Ari Melber and get the full report of what happened in the House votes.


Suzette arrived at 4:30 hungry because she had not eaten all day.


She had gone to Costco on the way home and purchased white mushrooms, pita chips, and laundry detergent.


She had decided to make a pasta dish to combine the three thawed lamb chops, the burrata cheese I bought her for Chanukah, and the can of Porcini and White truffle sauce Melissa gave us for Christmas.


Soon I was enlisted to mince a shallot and 1/3 of a pimiento, three cloves of garlic, cube the three meat from the three lamb chops, and slice five mushrooms.


Suzette fetched the bag of Asparagus from the garage and diced several stalks into bite sized pieces. She also went the basement and fetched a bottle of white Cotes Du Rhone.




While the penne was boiling Suzette sautéed the ingredients and added 1/2 of the can of porcini and white truffle sauce.  When the pasta was ready Suzette plated some pasta and cut the burrata in half and placed on top of the pasta and spooned the sauce over it.


The result was wonderful. Unfortunately I could not fully appreciate it because I had just finished a massive lunch only 2 hours before.  I ate half and we drank only a glass of wine so there will be PPI pasta and white wine to enjoy tomorrow.


After dinner I drank a glass of brandy mixed with Grand Marnier to settle my stomach and we watched the last episode of season 3 of Emily in Paris.


I hope the hip surgeries go well so we can return to France and enjoy some of that creative cuisine.


Bon Appetit


The most interesting thing to me was a scene in a restaurant where the Michelin representative compliments the chef on the creativity of the Seaweed Mousse.




No comments:

Post a Comment