Monday, January 2, 2023

January 2, 2023 Lunch - Posole with tamale and egg. Dinner - Boeuf Bourguignon with Mashed Potatoes and Spinach

January 2, 2023 Lunch - Posole with tamale and egg. Dinner - Boeuf Bourguignon with Mashed Potatoes and Spinach 


Suzette went to work at 7:00.


I slept until 9:00.


I ate Granola and milk and yogurt and blueberries for breakfast at 10:30.


From 12:00 to 1:45 I helped Karim and his daughter notarize documents.


At 2:00 I heated the last of the duck Posole and an egg and tamale.  I also toasted a flour tortilla on the gas burner of the stove and drank water with it.


That part of Christmas is officially ended.


I watched a great Cotton Bowl in which Tulane came from behind to beat USC by one point.


I then watched the Orange Bowl, but Penn State dominated when Utah’s quarterback was knocked out of the game.


We watched the Antiques Roadshow at 7:00 to 9:00 switching to the Bengals v. Buffalo game until a linebacker for Buffalo collapsed on the field and the game ended.  They took him off the field in an ambulance an an hour later it was announced that he was intubated and  in critical condition.


Suzette heated bowls of Boeuf Bourguignon on top of mashed potatoes and spinach and I went to the basement and fetched a bottle of 2013 Clos de Bois Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley. It was rich and fruity with dark berry overtones ; a wonderful bottle of wine. 


After dinner I sipped another glass with several Belgium chocolates.


We went to bed at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment