Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January 10, 2023 Lunch - PPI Lucky Wok Fried Flounder, Beef and Vegetables, and Rice. Dinner - PPI Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with carrots in Brown gravy

January 10, 2023 Lunch - PPI Lucky Wok Fried Flounder, Beef and Vegetables, and Rice. Dinner - PPI Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with carrots in Brown gravy 


This was a day of ugly delicious food and a busy day. I had a 9:00 appointment and 10:00 hearing then I had an 11:30 appointment I was late for that I did not finish until 1:45.


I went home and ate the leftover Chinese Food for lunch Rahim brought us the other day from Lucky Wok: Fried Flounder, Beef and Vegetables, and Rice. It was delicious. The rice was dried out so I soaked it in the thick brown sauce made with soy plus I added 1/2 cup of chicken stock before I left for my belated 11:30 and when I returned and heated the dish, the rice was soft and had absorbed some of the flavor and moisture of the reconstituted sauce.


I drank a cup of Chinese green tea with lunch at 2:30.


I then talked to counsel for the OSE and filed my entry of Appearance in Bill’s Water case that we had had a hearing on this morning by 4:15.


I then drove to the bank and deposited a check and then went to the Public Library and renewed my library card for three more years.


When I returned home at 5:00 Suzette had arrived.  She had also eaten a late lunch and was not hungry.


I made a cup of hot chocolate and ate two cookies and watched TV news until 6:00 and then read Anxious People, this month’s book club book until 7:00 when I went back to the TV room to watch Finding your Roots and eat dinner with Suzette.


At 7:00 Suzette heated the PPI Boneless Beef Spare Ribs with carrots in Brown gravy, another ugly dark brown delicious stew of beef spare ribs and carrots on a bed of spinach leaves. We loved it and Suzette picked a perfect wine that we had not drunk before, a 2020 Kirkland Gigondas from the Southern Rhone. It was a full bodied powerful wine that complemented the meal.






 Later i ate two Ghirardelli chocolate wafers with the last of the Gigondas and later a sniffer with a bit of cognac.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment