Wednesday, January 11, 2023

January 11, 2023 Lunch - East Ocean. Dinner - Burrito and Quesadilla

 January 11, 2023 Lunch - East Ocean. Dinner - Burrito and Quesadilla 


Another work day with good food.


Suzette awakened me at 8:00. 


Around 9:00 I toasted blueberry bagel and spread cream cheese on it and laid slices of salami and Gouda cheese it for breakfast.  I ate one half and Suzette and Henry each ate the other half.


Then we worked until 1:15 and I suggested we meet Henry’s wife and daughter for lunch at East Ocean at 1:30.


They set up a round table with five chairs for us.


Henry and his wife had never been to East Ocean and did not seem familiar with the Cuisine, so this seemed like Terra Incognito I am sure.  Their daughter had just had dental surgery so she ordered wonton soup.


Ester ordered Cashew chicken and Henry was a bit more adventurous and ordered Combination Egg Foo Young, which I consider excellent at East Ocean.


Suzette and I ordered 1/2 Roast Duck, deep fried tofu with Mixed Vegetables, and Flounder in Black bean sauce.  The flounder and duck were on the new Chinese menu.


The best dish was the flash fried flounder stir fried with chunks of green bell pepper and onion strips sauced with a creamy smooth fermented  black bean sauce.  This was the first time that I have ordered the roast duck that was overcooked and seemed a bit tough.


We could not come close to finishing all of our dishes and filled five styrofoam take out boxes.


We drank hot tea and Henry and Rachel drank lemonade. This was the closest time I have had to a family style feast at East Ocean and I loved it.


We returned home at 3:30 and Suzette was feeling unwell so I worked until 5:00 and then meditated and at 6:00 lay down to watch the news and read and nap.


I woke up at 7:30 and went to the TV room to discuss dinner although neither of us was particularly hungry.


Suzette was ambivalent, so I decided to heat the carne adovado and bean burrito left from my lunch at Barelas Coffee Shop yesterday.


Then Suzette decided to make a chicken and avocado quesadilla.


We ate with little ceremony and I went back to the bed room.


Suzette had been dozing and shortly after I left around 8:15 Suzette came to tell me she was going to bed.


She is sleeping in the back room to avoid giving me a cold or whatever is ailing her.


I read another 50 pages of Anxious People and am enjoying the hilarious writing style of Fredrick Bathman.


At 10:45 I ate a slice of toasted whole wheat bread spread with peanut butter and honey with a cup of chai.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment