Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January 24, 2023 Lunch - Fish, Cabbage, Black bean, and Rice Egg Foo Young and donuts. Dinner - BLT Sandwiches

January 24, 2023 Lunch - Fish, Cabbage, Black bean, and Rice Egg Foo Young and donuts. Dinner - BLT Sandwiches 


Today I did not eat until 11:00 and weakened a bit as I stir fried the leftover chopped cabbage from last night’s dinner with some red onion and after those ingredients cooked a bit I added the leftover fried fish from last night plus the Chipolite rice and black beans left from yesterday’s lunch.


After I let those ingredients cook for a few more minutes I added  two eggs and stirred them into the ingredients. I then let the mixture cook at medium heat for several minutes until the egg cooked and the mass of ingredients congealed into an egg Foo young.  I then flipped the large thick cake of ingredients over in pieces and cooked the other side until it became firm.


I slid the resulting Egg Foo Young onto a plate and sauced it with oyster sauce.  It was delicious.


I made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea with milk.


Soon after I sat down to eat Henry arrived with a plastic container with three Chocolate and three plain icing glazed donuts.


I gave Henry some of the Egg Foo Young and he made a cup of chai and after we finished our lunch we ate a donut.


I made another cup of chai and we worked for three hours on discovery for his case until 4:00.


I then reviewed Rahim’s PPM and filed my CRS taxes and then watched news, but Suzette and I were hungry. She thawed a lb. of ground lamb but she was stumped on something for dinner. I suggested a BLT sandwich because I had just bought lettuce and tomatoes and we had bought a lovely artisanal whole wheat bread at Trader Joe’s last week.


While I fried eight slices of thick sliced bacon Suzette toasted and spread mayonnaise on four slices of whole wheat bread, sliced two tomatoes, and tore several leaves of lettuce into pieces that would fit on the bread slices.


As soon as I finished frying the bacon we assembled our sandwiches.


Suzette drank French Sauvignon Blanc and I drank water.


It was a lovely dinner.  After dinner I drank a cup of chai with two pecan Sandie cookies as we watched Discovering Your Roots, although we both slept through most of the show.


I called Rahim at 8:00 after the show and worked until 11:30 on his offering



I then watched the total hip replacement instruction video and then blogged and went to bed at 1:00.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment