Friday, January 13, 2023

January 13, 2023 Breakfast - slices of Gravad Lax and red onion on toasted baguette Lunch - Salami Sandwich. Dinner - PPI Flounder, fried Tofu and stir fried Mixed Vegetables over rice

January 13, 2023 Breakfast - slices of Gravad Lax and red onion on toasted baguette  Lunch - Salami Sandwich. Dinner - PPI Flounder, fried Tofu and stir fried Mixed Vegetables over rice


Today was a combination of pre-surgery functions, tile prep, work, and some leftovers.


Breakfast at 10:00 was the best meal of the day.  II sliced a four inch piece of baguette into three slices and toasted the top two slices, leaving the base in the bag.  I spread the two pieces thickly with cream cheese because I was cutting slices off the 3 lb. block.  I then laid slices of red onion and Gravad lax on the cream cheese and sprinkled capers on top.



I drank a cup of chai with the sandwiches.


 Swedish folk who invited me to dinner once would usually serve Gravad lax with baguette with butter That was their preferred way to eat Gravad lax.


The soft baguette center and crisp crust with Gravad lax and butter are a wonderful combination.


I then made several calls to arrange for the Covid test required to be completed on January 26 and finally made an appointment at the west side PRES. Covid testing center on January 23.


Henry then came by and measured the front bathroom for an estimate to lay new tile.


I then filed the Motion to vacate a hearing on January 31.


It was a beautifully sunny day so at 1:30 I walked around the block.


When I returned I made a salami sandwich by spreading basil mayonnaise on the remaining bottom slice of baguette I had sliced in the morning and added a leaf of lettuce and slices of red onion and ate three green olives and a green onion with the sandwich and drank water for a late lunch at 2:30.


After lunch when I received the filed Motion to Vacate the hearing I sent the filed motion and proposed Order to the other party and the parties.


Then I called the Pres Physical therapy department and arranged to have them send me the video I am required to view for post op physical therapy.


I talked to Sally Lawit who runs the program and she said I should limit any strenuous activities because that May inflame the joint where the socket and joint are rubbing bone on bone.  Apparently she was looking at my X-Ray.  She told me, “Everyone in your situation is usually happy with the results of their operation.  I felt a rush of hope and anticipation that I might return to a normal life after the surgery.


When Suzette returned home after a long day of work at 4:30 I told her and she said, “I hope so I would like to plan a trip to France for this Fall and then you could have replacement surgery of your other hip next Winter.”


I agreed with her and felt that was really possible for the first time in a while.


 We had about 1/2 of each of the three dishes we ordered at East Ocean yesterday for lunch and some rice.  We decided to combine the flounder in fermented black bean sauce and stir fried deep fried tofu with mixed vegetables and rice and save the roast duck for another meal.


Suzette combined these two leftovers in a Pyrex baking dish and heated them with a bit of water and soy and sesame oil to rehydrate the dried out rice and extend the sauce.


The result was a messy ugly delicious conglomeration of flavors without the fermented black bean sauce being over-powering as it was alone with the pieces of fried flounder and bell pepper chunks alone.


I drank green tea with dinner and Suzette drank a Negra Modelo beer.


After dinner I ate a few pieces of fruit cake with another cup of tea and then two Ghirardelli wafers with a sip of cognac and then went to bed.


Suzette is recovering from her cold but decided to sleep in the back bedroom one more night to avoid infecting me and possibly ruining my operation prep.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment