Monday, January 9, 2023

January 8, 2023 Brunch - New Recipe: Boeuf Bourguignon Burritos. Dinner - New Recipe: Pork and sauerkraut, and sour cream casserole

January 8, 2023 Brunch - New Recipe: Boeuf Bourguignon Burritos. Dinner - New Recipe: Pork and sauerkraut, and sour cream casserole


This was essentially a two meal day. iPhone recipe was great and the other was not.


I watched the news and then worked until 12:00 when Suzette surprised me with an elegant brunch of a Boeuf Bourguignon burrito.  The tortilla was perfectly seared so that it was soft and clung to the filling like a pastry shell.  The filling was the wonderfully delicious Boeuf Bourguignon we cooked for New Years.  We drank The last 1/2 of the De Ponte 2026 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir tha still tasted amazingly.


Of all the wines in my cellar this bottle and the z2013 Calstar Sangiacomo Pinot Noir are my favorites.








I loved this dish.


After lunch we walked in .75 miles the Bosque to one of the ponds.


We then drove to Lowe’s to buy milk and as I waited in the car, she also bought avocados, and a few other items.


We returned home around 3:00 so I could watch the Cowboys and they lost, sadly.


I had mentioned a Russian dish I once made that was a casserole with layers of pork chops, cabbage leaves, sour cream and caraway seeds.


Suzette wanted to get rid of the Pork and Sauerkraut so she added sour cream to some of it and added cumin seeds since we did not have caraway seeds. Suzette also made mashed potatoes that formed a base for the pork and sauerkraut.


The result tasted amazingly like Pork and Sauerkraut and instead of the sour cream dominating as it did in the original Russian recipe, the sauerkraut dominated this dish.  I did not like it and caused a bad reaction to me the next day.



We drank beer with this meal.


After dinner I ate a bowl of spumoni ice cream which made me feel better.


We watched the line up of Sunday night Shows including, Miss Scarlet and a new season of Vienna Blood.


I went to bed at midnight after spending an hour deleting old food and wine photos made for past blogs.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment