Friday, January 20, 2023

January 19, 2023 Lunch - Monroe’s. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop with Sautéed red cabbage, apples, and Asian Pear

January 19, 2023 Lunch - Monroe’s. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop with Sautéed red cabbage, apples, and Asian Pear


This was a fun day of food.  I started the day with a bowl of Granola, milk, and blueberries and opened a fresh container of LaLa plain low fat yogurt that is an excellent yogurt and a bargain at $2.59 at El Super.


At 10:00 Rahim arrived and we finished his securities offering documentation by 12:30.


I suggested Monroe’s for lunch and Rahim gamely agreed.  Miguel seated us under the atrium so we had a lovely table.  Here are some views iPod the new space.


I ordered my usual, two eggs and two enchiladas with Calabacitas except today I ordered the enchiladas with beef. The berry filled enchiladas were not as pastry-like as the all cheese enchiladas because there was no cheese to melt into the tortilla to create the amalgamation of the cheese with the tortilla.  But I liked the beef enchiladas a lot. I find that this is just the right amount of food.


Rahim ordered the daily special, which was meatloaf with chili sauce and mashed potatoes. 


Rahim drove me home a few minutes before 2:00. I spent at least an hour ordering a hip kit oh Amazon to help assist me after my hip surgery.


Later when Suzette came home at 4:00 I drove to El Super to replenish our fruits and vegetables.  Suzette thawed Smoked Pork Chops, rockfish, duck breasts and a bag of pork yesterday so we now have lots of stuff for meals while I am immobilized due to hip surgery.


I bought lemons, limes, leeks, snow peas, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, oranges, Gala apples, a pineapple, apples, mangos, and a papaya, crema, 

Radishes, garlic, mushrooms, avocados, oregano, a can of black beans and a can of pinto beans, mushrooms, brown and red onions, zucchini, broccoli, an eggplant, a gallon of milk, a head of red cabbage, green beans, and a five pound bag of dried fava beans, $60.00 of stuff.


Hopefully there is enough variety of stuff to see us through the first week of my recovery.


When I returned home Suzette emptied the car and put up the groceries.

Suzette had asked me to get red cabbage so she could sauté red cabbage because she wanted to sauté the two smoked pork chops she had thawed  and serve the chops with sautéed apples and red cabbage seasoned with cumin.  She used a lovely orange flavored olive oil and the balsamic vinegar we bought in California to sauté and flavor the cabbage and apples.


I diced a Granny Smith and a Fuji apple and the remaining 1/2 of the Asian Pear the Blaugrunds brought us plus a small brown onion.



We drank the 2021 Cotes Du Provence we bought at a Trader Joe’s last week.  Of all the roses Trader Joe sells I prefer the Cotes Du Provence, even though it is a dollar more at $7.99.


After dinner Suzette spread lingon sylt on shortbreads for a light dessert.


I went to bed early at 8:30 shortly after dinner because my body was aching in pain from my two hour shopping experience, although I had not triggered my CPD condition.


Suzette came to bed soon and massaged my sciatica zone and back which was so therapeutic that I was able to go to sleep. It seemed like the best massage I had ever had and rejuvenated me completely.


I have talked to several people and believe that those who live alone have the most difficult recoveries from hip replacement because they have no one to assist them with the daily tasks of living.


The aromas of our cooking often permeate the air in our house. Tonight the aroma of oranges permeated the house.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment