Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March 16, 2021 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno and beans. Dinner - Sausage, Rice, Onion, and Parsley Egg Foo Young

March 16, 2021 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno and beans. Dinner - Sausage, Rice, Onion, and Parsley Egg  Foo Young


The best thing I did today was shop at Trader Joe’s after my regular podiatry session scheduled for 11:15 on Carmel near Paseo and Barstow.  The Trader Joe’s is at the next light on Carmel so I just drove the short distance after my appointment.


I loaded up on everything I thought we needed, a baguette, anchovies, dolmas, and milk, and then I went to the liquor department where I filled two cases with wine and spirits, including two bottles of Chanteclair cognac, a bottle of Duc de Normandy Calvados,  a bottle of 10 year old tawny port, three bottles of Calliers white Cotes du Rhone and a bottle of the red, two bottles of Gruner Vitliner, a bottle of 2016 Chateau Souride? Grand cru Saint Emilion, a bottle of 2016 Poccino Vivino Brunello di Montepoliciano, a bottle of La Granja white, a bottle of Altima Verdejo, a bottle of Trader Joe’s Grand Reserve Meritsge, two bottles of 2017 Chateau Roudier, a six pack of Trader Jose dark beer and several more bottles. It proved to be my largest purchase ever at Trader Joe’s.


I had not eaten anything so I was a little weak but made it home without any difficulty and immediately heated the chili Relleno and beans left from yesterday’s lunch in the microwave as I brought in the groceries and refilled the two wine racks with bottles.




I loved the Relleno and beans even more today due to my hunger and because the heating in no way damaged the texture of the batter on the relleno.  After lunch I watched the market close as I drank a cup of tila tea with lime and honey and ate two chocolate chip cookies.


It was a brutal day in the market with several of my stocks suffering big losses such as Plug Power, which is the subject of shareholder litigation and AirBNB that gave up most of its gain from yesterday and Square that seems to be sensitive to the movement of Bitcoins, which went down today.  Thankfully Apple, Facebook, Moderna, and a few other stocks went up, so in the end my portfolio finished just above break even. As I write this blog entry at 1:00 a.m. the futures markets are slightly negative.  Let’s hope this not the beginning of another pullback fueled by fears of inflation.


After the Market close I returned to my desk and finished transcribing the comments from the last book club meeting and sent the comments out to the members.


Suzette came home early and had not eaten, so she made a steak and cheese quesadilla at around 5:00, so I toasted two pieces of whole wheat bread and spread them with peanut butter and honey and made another cup of tea.


I then revised a will and trust for Murad, who arrived around 6:00 and we worked until a bit after 7:00. He brought us a lovely large bottle of honey from his uncle’s farm in Santa Fe, which I told him we will enjoy immensely. 




Suzette was no longer hungry but I was, so I made a scramble of onion, sausage, rice, and parsley and stirred in two eggs to make a rather solid cake.  I used to make this sort of egg foo young from leftovers and bits of various ingredients all the time when I was single and lived in Fort Worth.  I loved my simple dinner and  will make it more often for brunch, especially now that I am sleeping later due to the daylight savings time shift and missing breakfast.


After dinner I ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with rum, Kahlua, and Hershey’s chocolate syrup.


We went to bed after watching Trevor Noah at 9:30.


I awakened at 12:30 and blogged.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment