Monday, March 1, 2021

March 1, 2021 Lunch – Sashimi and Sushi Rice Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and PPI Couscous and tomatoes, yellow squash and red bell pepper

 March 1, 2021 Lunch – Sashimi and Sushi Rice   Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and PPI Couscous and tomatoes, yellow squash and red bell pepper

Today all came right in the market.  It was a complete turnaround from two days ago when everything went wrong and my portfolio made up all the value it lost two days ago. So, within two days I have had the greatest single day loss and single day gain in my investing career.

I skipped breakfast and at noon sliced about .2 lb. each of raw tuna, salmon, and Peruvian scallops plus fresh daikon and ate them with a dipping bowl filled with a soy and wasabi mixture, a bowl of sticky sushi rice, pickled ginger, and a cup of green tea.  


I enjoyed a leisurely lunch as I watched the market pound upward.  After lunch I tried to watch a soccer match but went to sleep until 4:00.  I did a little work and then took a check that arrived in the mail to the bank to deposit.

When I returned home at 5:15, Suzette and I walked ½ mile.  The protein and oil in the fish must have oiled my joints because I walked with strength and without pain.

I have some raw fish left so I will eat sashimi again tomorrow. 

When we returned home I cleaned and skewered a whole chicken on a spandex cooking rack that Suzette had bought last week.  With Suzette’s help we dusted the skin of the chicken with tandoori seasoning, which is one of my favorite and easiest way to flavor a roasted chicken.  We put the racked chicken in a 9 X 9 inch pyrex baking dish with about 1/3 inch of water and roasted it in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes and then for 85 more minutes at 350 degrees.

I also combined the small amount of PPI sautéed yellow squash and red bell pepper with Italian seasoning and some of the couscous with cooked with tomato slices that the cooks at the Center made for our lunch on Friday and placed that in a pyrex loaf pan and covered it with saran and placed it in the microwave.

I then deflowered broccoli flowerets from a stalk of broccoli and put them in the steamer with enough water to steam them.

I then fetched a bottle of Kirkland Pinot Grigio (Costco $6.99??) and poured Suzette a glass.

I then fetched the frozen cooked garbanzo beans and started them cooking on the stove to further soften them, so we can make hummus.

When we judged that it was 10 minutes from the chicken being fully roasted, I started the steamer and microwave.  In ten more minutes, Suzette removed the chicken from the oven. The skin was crisp and the meat inside was tender, just the way it should be.

I poured glasses of wine and carved off a thigh and leg for me and a thigh for Suzette and we each served ourselves couscous and broccoli.

We enjoyed our simple dinner, especially when we knew it was the first step in making chicken salad to take on our trip this weekend.

We did not eat any dessert but I made a fresh cup of sweetened chai.

We watched the news until 9:00 and then I blogged and Suzette went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment