Friday, March 12, 2021

March 11, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner - Hummus and brie on hard bread and Slice of Fruitcake

March 11, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner - Hummus and brie on hard bread and Slice of Fruitcake


Today was a light meal day and a heavy food shopping day.


I did not eat breakfast.  Peter brought two No. 21’s from 2000 Vietnam Restaurant at 12:30.  We ate outside although it was a bit cool and breezy.


I made glasses of Vietnamese iced coffee that has become a bit of a ritual for us when we meet for lunch to eat Vietnamese food.  I fill a tall pint glass 1/3 full of PPI brewed coffee, stir in 1 heaping T. of condensed milk, and fill the rest of the glass with ice.


No. 21 is constructed in three layers; on bottom is a layer of cool fresh shredded lettuce, strips of cucumber, and fresh mung bean sprouts, the middle layer is warm steamed rice vermicelli, and the top layer is two hot fried egg rolls cut into four sections each and a mound of grilled marinated slices of pork.


Two small cups of fish sauce and an even smaller cup of sriracha.


I was hungry and ate the entire container of food.





Wafted lunch we looked at the art I received from Jill Pollack.  Peter was kind enough to offer to do some research into values.


After Peter left I watched the market close and checked into my total gain for the day and found that my portfolio had increased by a strong 2.8%. My portfolio is still 4.4% below the high of February 11, but has increased by about 6% from its low of three days ago.  I was very happy.


I had to go meet Phil at the building to see if he could turn on the HVAC mini split units.  Phil tried to fill the condenser with Freon but it was too cold to fill.  We will hope for a warmer day soon.


A bit after 3:00 I then drove to El Super supermarket for the Thursday specials to fill our fridge.  I bought lots, including, a pineapple, a papaya, mangoes, oranges for a tropical fruit salad.  I then bought radishes, green onions, yellow and yellow onions, spinach, leeks, a spaghetti squash, carrots, parsley, mushrooms, yogurt, chicken thighs, smoked pork cutlets, heads on shrimp, and a pound of broccoli, and a few more items.


I returned home at 4:45 just in time for meditation from 5:00 to 5:30.


At 6:00 we watched President Biden’s speech and nibbled on hummus and pita chips.


Both Suzette and I had eaten large meals for lunch I made a cheese sandwich with sliced brie on a piece of buttered Swedish hard bread with a small glass of Pinot noir.



Later I ate a piece of fruit cake with a cup of tea.


Bon Appetit 







No comments:

Post a Comment