Sunday, March 21, 2021

 March 20, 2021 Breakfast - lax and bagel. lunch -Sushi. Dinner - Grilled Rib Steak and Asparagus Salad


I don’t know if I have told you how much I like my new I Pad.  It is more wonderful than my old I Pad, I not describe.  The word prompt knows what I want to say before I even think to say it most of the time.  I only need to write about half the words.  And the functionality is so easy to use it is a joy to operate.


My blogging has become a joy instead of a chore.


Today was really good.  We are moving toward a more healthy diet.  For breakfast I sliced an everything bagel from Trader Joe’s into three slices.  I toasted the slices and spread cream cheese on them.  I the added slices of red onion to my two slices and lax. For Suzette’s slice I added slices of Roma tomato and two layers of lax. On my two slices.I added a layer of thinly sliced red onion and one layer of lax and lay the four slices of aroma tomato on the side of the plate.




After breakfast we worked in the garden. Suzette watered and cleaned and I prunes the large Don Juan Rose Bush on the back patio.  Then we worked together to cut down the vines around the base of the rose Bush and then we pruned the six small fruit trees by the bocce court.


We then came in and around 2:00 we made our lunch of raw tuna, 1/2 of an avocado, salmon, and scallops.  Suzette filled rice bowls with PPI rice from last night’s meal, she filled dipping bowls with soy, and put the pickled green beans in a bowl and fetched the pickled ginger and wasabi sauce while I sliced a 1/3 lb. pieces of tuna and salmon he 1/2 of avocado, and two scallops, and two radishes, 





Suzette boiled four eggs for salads.


I then filled a bowl with pickled ginger and made a cup of green tea and we were ready to eat.


After lunch we lay down for a nap until around 6:00 when we took about a 1/2 mile walk.


We decided to make a steak and asparagus salad for dinner.


When we went to the raised bed to pick the lettuce for dinner the most wonderful thing happened.  The Cooper’s hawk that we think lives in the evergreen tree across the street was sitting on our bird bath that Suzette had filled this morning and today rather than flying away it stayed perched on the bird bath while we picked lettuce and recovered the raised bed with the plastic sheeting.  We have come to terms with each other and accept each other in a new way that is very exciting.


I spun the lettuce and put it in a plastic bag in the fridge to chill and freshen.  I then refreshed the Caesar salad dressing with lemon juice, olive oil and a sliced clove of garlic.


While Suzette grilled the rib steak and asparagus I made the salad.  We each put the amount of greens we wanted in a pasta bowl and then I sliced a tomato, two radishes, the other 1/2 avocado and Suzette sliced an egg for each salad.  We each dressed our salad and the Suzette brought in the steak and asparagus.  I sliced the steak and we laid slices of steak and stalks of grilled asparagus on our salads.






The Calstar Cellars delivery of wine came so I decided the try one of the 2013 Pinot Noirs. The reason I ordered from Calstar was that it’s owner, Rick Davis, used to be the wine maker for Londer vineyard.  I ordered a case of wines that included two bottles of 2013 pinots made with grapes grown in the next valley north of Anderson Valley that is my favorite place for Pinots.





It took about an hour for the wine to open up but when it did it was luscious, fruity, full bodied, and smooth as silk.


We loved it with the salad and drank the rest after dinner.


We watched The Night Show with Emma Thompson again, for dinner and a movie selection, but we enjoyed it just as much the second time.


When i5 ended at 9:45 we went to bed. Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit 

















No comments:

Post a Comment