Tuesday, March 30, 2021

March 30, 2021 Lunch - Antipasto Salad. Dinner - Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Roasted sautéed Acorn Squash and steamed green beans

March 30, 2021 Lunch - Antipasto Salad. Dinner - Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Roasted sautéed Acorn Squash and steamed green beans


I started the day with a bowl of granola, tropical fruit salad, milk, and yogurt.  A rather uneventful day as the market traded in a range, so I watched some of the Chauvin Murder trial, the part where the young girl you took the video of the murder testified.  This young girl should be given an Academy award for her video.


At 10:00 Jody came to fix the light switch in my office and at 11:00 the yard men came to clean the yard.


At 11:30 I made a salad with a head of Romaine lettuce and three green.." onions sliced thinly, a tomato, a radish, 1/3 of a cucumber seeded, peeled, and sliced, and 4 slices of salami and two slices of ham.


I ate a slice of toast with creamed herring before lunch and a slice of toast spread with goat cheese with the salad.




With all the salads I am eating, I like to think I am beginning to lose weight.  


A bit after 2:00 when I tallied my day in the market I was surprised that my portfolio was only down a little bit, mostly due to a  drop in Apple.


But thanks to Square, Plug Power, and one or two others moving up I finished the day just a bit below even.


I started making Ratatouille at 4:00.  I chopped 1 1/2 onion, two zucchinis, 2/3 of an eggplant, two tomatoes, and about a dozen cloves of garlic.  I sautéed those ingredients in 3 T. of butter and 2 T. of olive oil over low heat for about an hour. I went to the garden and picked a handful of baby oregano and tarragon and chopped them and added the herbs to the ratatouille.


At around 6:30 Suzette put two Cornish game hens on spandex cooking frames and roasted them in the oven for about an hour.  While the chicken was roasting Suzette roasted an acorn squash in the oven with the chicken. 


We snapped about 1/2 lb. of green beans and steamed them.  When the squash was cooked Suzette peeled the skin off and seeded and cubed 1/2  and put the squash cubes in a skillet and sautéed them in butter with pinon nuts, and brown sugar. The squash was wonderful.


The Cornish game hen was browned nicely.  I cut one in half and placed a half on each plate, which Suzette then filled with cubed acorn squash and string beans.




I opened the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc that Rick Davis made for Calstar Cellars in his small winery.


It was a delicious, smooth California Sauvignon Blanc wine, not overly citrusy.


We loved our dinner.


We watched an episode of Finding Your Roots and then an episode of the Durrells In Corfu.


After dinner I made a cup of camomile tea and ate the last three squares of  Baklava.  


At 9:00 we went to bed.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment