Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March 23, 2021 Lunch - Smoked ham, broccoli, onion, poblano, mushroom, garlic and ginger Egg Foo Young. Dinner - PPI Meatloaf with broccoli, twice baked potato, and creamed spinach

March 23, 2021 Lunch - Smoked ham, broccoli, onion, poblano, mushroom, garlic and ginger Egg Foo Young. Dinner - PPI Meatloaf with broccoli, twice baked potato, and creamed spinach 


Some days I am hungrier than on other days. Today was one of those days.


I started at 9:30 by eating a bowl of Fruit Salad, yogurt, and granola and then I toasted a thin slice of bagel and spread Cream Cheese and Swedish Kalles salmon flavored cod roe on it and laid a thin slice of red onion on top for a tasty addition.  Cod roe is what children eat in Sweden instead of peanut butter.





Four hours later I toyed with the idea of ordering chili rellenos from Padilla’s but gave that idea up at 1:30 when I decided to make a stir fry in a medium skillet.  I sautéed onion, garlic, and 1 T. of poblano chili in 1 1/2 T. of peanut and 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil. I then added about 1/4 cup of cooked rice.  After a few minutes I added 1/4 cup of PPI cooked broccoli and 1 smoked pork cutlet diced.  Then I added 1 tsp. each of fresh garlic and ginger and 1/2 cup of medium firm diced tofu and sliced and added a large white mushroom


I then stirred two eggs with 1 tsp of soy, 1 T. of Chinese cooking wine and a dash of sugar and salt, plus 1 tsp. of sesame oil and added that to the skillet. I let the mixture cook until a thin crust developed on the bottom.  Then I turned the mixture section by section to cook the other side.  I made a cup of green tea and ate about one-half. I have fallen back in love with my old favorite, Egg Foo Young.


                                                                    After flip

                                                                      Before flip

                                                                          Lunch


The market tanked again today, but it left my portfolios a bit higher than two days ago. Let’s hope that denotes progress.


I lay down at 2:30 and napped until 4:30.  I walked 1/2 mile from 5:00 until 5:30.  When i returned Suzette had arrived.  I made a hot buttered rum and watched the news with her until after 6:00, when we started dinner.  I discovered a bunch of spinach and suggested we make creamed spinach as the vegetable for the reheated PPI meatloaf and twice baked potato for dinner.


Creamed Spinach


We de-stemmed and spun the bunch of spinach. Then I minced 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 shallot and about 2 T. of red onion that Suzette sautéed in butter and olive oil.  Then she added a dash of salt and pepper and the spinach to the skillet and sautéed the spinach until it wilted and finally added about 2 to 3 T. of cream to the skillet and cooked the spinach until the cream thickened into a light sauce.


We microwaved the Pyrex dish with the PPI meatloaf and the potato until hot and were ready to eat.


I had invited Willy and he arrived at 7:00 with a load of laundry.


Soon everything was ready and Suzette opened a bottle of Trader Joe’s Platinum 2017 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon ($14.99) and poured glasses.


This was as close to a pre-prepared dinner as any we have fixed in a long time.


We ate the delicious meal at 7:30 while watching two episodes of The Durrells in Corfu.


Willy left at 8:45 and got into bed by 9:00 and watched Trevor Noah until 8:40 who had a clever female comic who did an interesting routine on the history of sex in the movies.


Finally after a full day we went to bed after a bit of blogging a bit after 10:00.


I awakened to finish this blog at 3:30 and watch Morning Joe at 4:00.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment