Sunday, March 21, 2021

March 21, 2021 Brunch - granola, fruit salad, and yogurt. Dinner - French Onion Soup

March 21, 2021 Brunch - granola, fruit salad, and yogurt.  Dinner - French Onion Soup 


We have started a more rigorous diet, at least for today.


I watched the news programs and then I ate a bowl of granola with fruit salad, and yogurt for breakfast around 11:00.




Suzette had been working in the garden for an hour when I went out to prune the four roses by the pond.


That took about 1 1/2 hour after I helped Suzette move slabs of slate and concrete blocks to the raised beds where we lay two blocks and then lay a slab on top of them to create a 10 inch high step to the 19 inch high raised bed.  We also pruned the fruit trees and fig bush.


We worked until around 1:30 and zoomed from 2:00 to about 3:00.


I then sliced 5 cups of onions and diced the remaining 1/2 lb. of grilled beef, and ate a handful of peanuts and then napped until 5:00.


While I napped Suzette made a beef broth with a mirepoix plus some beef stock.  She then finished the soup by sautéing the onions and then adding pepper and salt and then 3 T. of flour and the beef broth.


When I returned to the kitchen I was hungry, so I toasted four slices of French baguette and seven or eight slices of Swiss Gruyere cheese.


Suzette fetched two brown French Onion Soup bowls and filled them with soup and lay carrot slices on her bowl and two toasted slices of bread and then the cheese slices and the baked the bowls on a cookie sheet in the oven until the cheese melted.




I opened a bottle of 2017 Martini Cabernet Sauvignon and poured glasses of wine.


We enjoyed the light dinner.


Bon Appetit 









No comments:

Post a Comment