Thursday, March 4, 2021

March 3, 2021 Lunch - Texas Chili and Pasta Casserole Dinner - Stir Fried Couscous and Chicken on a bed of baby arugula

March 3, 2021 Lunch - Texas Chili and Pasta Casserole  Dinner - Stir Fried Couscous and Chicken on a bed of baby arugula 


We will leave town soon, so we are trying to get rid of PPIs, which is beginning to create some unusual combinations of ingredients.


Breakfast was straightforward, tropical fruit salad, granola, milk, and yogurt.  This is the best tropical fruit salad I have had in ages. All the fruit is ripe and at its maximum flavor and sweetness.


I worked and was in meetings until 2:30, so I needed a quick meal.  I filled a pasta bowl with two or three handfuls of PPI casarecce pasta and covered it with the last 2 to 3 cups of PPI Texas chili and slices of Pecorino-Romano cheese and heated it in the microwave.  I was heavy duty carbs and I got stuffed by the time I had eaten 2/3 of it, so we have another PPI.





The market was so terrible today that I could not even calculate my loss, but I think it was at least 2.5%.


At 4:45 it was still warm and sunny, so I rode to Campbell Rd. and back. Since it was two successive days on the bike, my joints really tightened up after the ride.


I was working late after Suzette came home, so she started cooking dinner without me.  She combined the PPI couscous with the dark meat of the roasted chicken that I  deboned last night. She had picked a basket of baby arugula from our garden and filled our plates with a pile of couscous and chicken on a bed of fresh arugula.  Suzette added cumin seeds  and cooked everything in the wok until it was all very crisp. I loved it and ate too much because it was so delicious with its decidedly Middle Eastern flavor provided by the toasted




After dinner I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies with lots of chips and toasted pecan pieces.



Finally at around 9:30 we soaked a while in the hot tub to ease the pain in our muscles.


After a long busy day at 10:00 it was a joy to crawl into bed.


We will make chicken salad tomorrow night as the last food item we will take on our trip.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment