Monday, March 22, 2021

March 22, 2021 Brunch - Sausage and Eggs with Sautéed onion and Poblano chili Dinner - Meatloaf with Twice Baked potato and Steamed Broccoli

March 22, 2021 Brunch - Sausage and Eggs with Sautéed onion and Poblano chili   Dinner - Meatloaf with Twice Baked potato and Steamed Broccoli 


Again today I did not eat breakfast.  Instead at around 10:00 I sautéed a slice of red onion and a slice of poblano chili in butter.  After a couple of minutes I added a Jimmie Dean Sausage patty.  After the sausage was cooked to almost done I added and sautéed two eggs over easy and toasted two pieces of French baguette that I buttered and spread with Jam. I also re-filled the tea ball with Fortnum and Mason tea that is little less flowery than Rose Pouchong but very nice.




Then at 2:30 i ate a toasted slice of whole wheat bread spread with peanut butter and honey.


I checked my portfolio and found that I had a good day in the Market with my portfolio gaining 1.33%. All the big tech stocks went up in spite of a late afternoon pull back.


At 5:00 I walked 1/2 mile and became thrilled that so many flowers and trees were starting to bloom.




I became tired and sore before I returned home even though I had taken a sugar pill.


After I returned home at 5:30 Suzette made meatloaf with an egg and the recently thawed ground beef and Spaghetti sauce and put it in a Pyrex baking dish in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


I then cut a previously baked potato in half and scooped up and chopped the potato insides and mixed it with butter and sour cream and then lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on top and placed the two halves in a Pyrex baking dish and placed it in the oven above the meatloaf.  


With 15 minutes to go I deflowered a stalk of broccoli flowerets and placed them in the steamer with water and started them steaming.


I then went to the garden and pulled the dead chives away from the sprouting new growth and picked a small handful of fresh chives.


I chopped the chives and asked Suzette if she was hungry and she said she had an upset stomach from some food she ate at lunch and that I should check the meatloaf.


When I looked in the oven the meatloaf was bubbling so I turned off the heat, poured a glass of the 2017 Martini Cabernet Sauvignon left from last night’s dinner, turned off the heat under the steamer, and removed the pans from the oven.


I filled my plate with a chunk of meatloaf, some steamed broccoli, 1/2 of the potato, and a squirt of catsup and sprinkled the potato with chive ringlets.




At 7:00 we watched Antiques Roadshow until 9:00 and then Michelle Obama on Trevor Noah.


During the Roadshow I ate some of the hazelnut milk chocolate bar I bought at IKEA and drank a cup of tea.


There is enough meatloaf left for dinner for tomorrow’s dinner, so dinner is ready.


I am recalibrating my exercise as I reduce my food intake.  The good news is that most of the joint pain is gone and I am just dealing with muscle fatigue from exercise.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment