Monday, March 29, 2021

 March 29, 2021. Lunch - Chicken Salad and Cheese toast. Dinner - vegetables with Couscous 

I worked on Karim’s lease most of the day. 


When we finished at 3:00 I made a salad with the PPI chicken thigh, a half head of Romaine lettuce, a tomato, three green onions sliced thinly, a few thin slices of onion and Pecorino Romano cheese, and the PPI salad from last night that contained sliced radishes, hard boiled egg, croutons, thin slices of red onion, and slices of marinated asparagus.


I toasted a slice of 9 grains bread and melted slices of Pecorino Romano cheese on in the microwave.




At 4:30 I rode to the bank to deposit a check.  It was a surprisingly hard ride, perhaps because I had not eaten much today. 


When I returned home I found that Suzette had arrived.  I sat with her and watched the news but at 6;30 I lay down to recuperate and nap. We had discussed dinner and Suzette suggested a vegetarian menu of vegetables sautéed in couscous, which sounded great, since I had not thawed anything.  


When I awakened at 7:30. When I arrived in the kitchen I found Suzette dicing some red bell pepper, having diced onion, some asparagus, sorrel from our garden, and a tomato.  I fetched the bag of zucchinis from the garage and quartered one and sliced each quarter into 1/3 inch slices and added them to the Le Crueset casserole in which the other vegetables were sautéing in butter and olive oil.




As soon as the vegetables softened Suzette added the couscous and sorrel and stirred and covered the casserole to steam the ingredients.


We then discussed a wine and decided to open the Calliers des Vignes Prestige  White Cotes Du Rhone that was chilled.




Soon Suzette ladled a pile of vegetables and couscous onto our plates and poured glasses of wine.


The flavor of the couscous and vegetables was great. It makes me want to make ratatouille.


After dinner we watched two episodes of Antiques Roadshow and then most of a documentary on Beatrice Mandelman, which was interesting because I bought one of her collages.


At 9;30 we soaked in the hot tub and went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment