Tuesday, July 30, 2019

July 30, 2019 Lunch – PPI steak and Couscous with Pickled vegetables Dinner – BCT Sandwiches

July 30, 2019 Lunch – PPI steak and Couscous with Pickled vegetables
Dinner – BCT Sandwiches

A rather ordinary day.  I worked until 10:00 when I ate a bowl of granola, mango yogurt, blueberries, and milk.

I walked 2/3 of a mile at 11:30 without stopping.

For lunch I reheated the PPI steak from last night with the PPI Couscous from last week ate some of the freshly made pickled vegetables (carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and Daikon).

I showered and shaved and went to the bank and a meeting that did not occur. I went home and at 5:00 went with Suzette to Costco and Southwest Distributers to do her weekly shopping for her program.

At Costco we bought mozzarella cheese and heavy cream for ourselves and at Southwest we bought a 14 oz. package of rice stick noodles for $1.29 for home consumption.

We returned at 7:00 and turned on the democratic debate.  Suzette brought home a bag f lovely vine ripened tomatoes from her garden at the Center.  When she suggested using them to make BLT sandwiches I agreed.  We had all the ingredients we needed except lettuce s Suzette went to the garden and picked a handful of tender young Chard leaves while I fried about seven slices of smoked bacon.

We sliced two pieces of French baguette the length of a fried piece of bacon into thirds lengthwise to make six slices.  Then Suzette sliced the slices of mozzarella in half and spread them with the fresh basil mayonnaise and laid thin slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the mayo and toasted the slices of bread in the oven to melt the mozzarella.  She then added the chard leaves I had destemmed, then one slice of bacon per slice of toast and finally slices of tomato for ap very visually appealing dish that was also very delicious.  I loved the tangy taste of Trader Joe’s sour dough French baguette, the slightly licorice flavor of the basil mayonnaise, and the melt in your mouth tender and flavorful tomato slices.  I did not notice the Chard as being very much different from lettuce.


O

Willy arrive shortly after 8:00 when we were getting ready to eat. We each drank different drinks. Suzette made a mint julep.  I opened a bottle of Aquino Chianti Reserva with ice to chill it, and Willy drank water.  We ate and watched the debate and afterward discussed it, while  Suzette and I  nibbled some PPI clafoutis.

We turned off the TV after debate coverage at 9:30 and Willy left after re-booting my computer and we went to bed.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment