Monday, July 22, 2019

July 21, 2019 Brunch – Sausage and Eggs and Cottage Fries. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops with Zucchini and Cauliflower Couscous

July 21, 2019 Brunch – Sausage and Eggs and Cottage Fries. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops with Zucchini and Cauliflower Couscous

This was a low food day.

I ate a bowl of granola, fruit salad and yogurt and watched the news and Tour de France until 10:00.  Suzette was hungry so she made us Sausage patties and eggs with Cottage Fries.


Then I rode to Campbell Rd.   It was a bit uncomfortable with a belly full of sausage, eggs and potatoes.

I rested a bit for a bit after my ride.

We invited Macon for dinner.  She arrived at 6:3q0 with a bottle of Sheehan Red Blend.  Suzetteb grilled lamb chops and made zucchini and cauliflower Couscous by separating the flowerets from the stalk of cauliflower and running everything through the Cuisinart to reduce it to a granular size and then sautéing the resulting vegetable Couscous in butter and olive oil in a large skillet until it began to brown.  We added some green beans to the couscous tonight and made small individual Caprese salads with three slices of tomatoes and basil covered with then slices of onion and Port Salut cheese.

Suzette asked me if I wanted to use the two PPI baked potatoes to make twice baked potatoes.  I said, “No, but I would love a grilled potato.  I then cut the two,PPI baked potatoes lengthwise into four about 1 inch thick slabs.  Suzette salted two each with flavored salt, such as Oaxaca flavored salt and grilled them with the lamb chops.  Since Suzette is not eating starches she placed one of each on Macon’s and my plates.

Suzette plated our plates with a pile of vegetable Couscous and then placed a lamb chop on top of the Couscous beside the Caprese salads and grilled potatoes for a lovely plate.

My plate

                                                       The happy diners by the pond

The Sheehan red blend was surprisingly good. After dinner Macon showed us her photos from her recent 8 day trip to Mexico City and surrounding villages visiting mostly folk art museums.

Finally, a leisurely day.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment