Friday, March 8, 2024

March 7, 2024 Lunch - Beef Miso Noodle Soup. Snack - Pork tamale and Mexican Coke at El Super. Dinner - Sushi Rice, Sashimi, and Pickled Daikon

 March 7, 2024 Lunch - Beef Miso Noodle Soup. Snack - Pork tamale and Mexican Coke at El Super. Dinner - Sushi Rice, Sashimi, and Pickled Daikon


I worked on a contract this morning and a board .


Then at 10:00 and 11:30 I ate a bowl of Beef Miso Noodle Soup.




Then I walked to the bank and back.


After 2:00 I checked the market and the NASDAQ was up $241 and my portfolio was up another 1.7% for the second best day in the last month


As numbers get larger the same increase in dollars will decrease the percentage of change.  For example, $1.00 increase in a $10.00 stock will result in a 10% increase in value, while the same $1.00 increase in a $50.00 stock will result in only a 2% increase in value.  The increase in value is the same but the percentage of change is different.


That is why it is slightly misleading to talk in terms of percentages and why a small percentage can be a large amount of dollars as numbers grow larger. Viewed from a different persoective, my portfolio hit a new high yesterday and again today.  The economy and the market are on fire.


Around 3:30 I drove to Super and shopped for produce. I bought oranges, lemons, chayotes, yellow and red onions, requeson, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, blue corn tortillas, green onions, snow peas, broccoli, Roma tomatoes, carrots, an acorn squash, corn on the cob, a Pasilla chili, zucchini and mushrooms.


In the middle of shopping I pushed my basket to the restaurant area called La Cocina and bought a pork tamale and a 1/2 liter Mexican Coke for added energy to finish shopping.




I drove back and unloaded at 4:30 and made a cup of tea and ate a couple of cookies with it.


Suzette and Willy both arrived just as I was putting the egg rolls into the oven at 5:30. Suzette took over and set the oven to broil and raised the rack to get maximum heat on the egg rolls so they would heat quickly to crisp.


I then heated a solution of 1 T. of sugar, 2 T. of rice vinegar, and 1 T. of mirin and when the sugar went into solution, stirred it into the rice to give the rice a strong sushi flavor.


I then peeled and sliced 2/3 of the daikon and added enough pickling liquid from the pickled ginger bottle to cover the daikon slices.


Finally I rinsed and dried the salmon and tuna and sliced the Fish into bite sized pieces and put them with the scallops on the large appetizer platter Suzette fetched.


We opened the three avocados but they were past their prime, so we dumped them.


We had no sake so Willy made green tea.


I fetched dipping bowls and filled them with soy and wasabi sauce and filled a small plate with pickled ginger.


Suzette heated the sushi rice and filled three rice bowls with warm rice and steamed asparagus and put them on the platter and we were ready to eat.




We ate a huge amount of sashimi.


I froze the uneaten scallops and put the uneaten daikon slices into the pickled ginger bottle so they could continue to pickle.


Willy left before Biden’s State of the Union speech, which turned out to be a Doozy and then went to bed.


I ate some halavah with a cup of tea after dinner.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment