Thursday, March 28, 2024

March 28, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, milk,grapes, and banana. Lunch - Placitas Cafe with Book Club. Dinner - Pinto beans, rice, avocado, chicken with mole salsa

 March 28, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, milk, grapes, and banana. Lunch - Placitas Cafe with Book Club. Dinner - Pinto beans, rice, avocado, chicken with mole salsa


A busy day today.  I worked in the morning and ate a bowl of granola, milk,grapes, and banana.  I forgot the yogurt.  



Then I showered and dressed and at 10:15 we drove to NM Ortho for my 11:20 appointment.  We were hoping for an earlier time but were taken about five minutes early. Suzette helped me get into a unisex pant and I was taken for an x-ray.


Then Allison came in and showed us the before and after pictures of my hips without any repair and with the new ball joints.  The new joints looked fabulous, well seated deeply in my thigh bones.  Allison removed my bandage and said I would return in four weeks for a check up and we left the clinic.


Suzette then drove me to the Placitas Cafe in 30 minutes where nine or ten book club members were eating lunch. They had received their order and were eating    except Peter who had stopped eating his chorizo and eggs, so I suggested buying the remainder of his lunch.  I ate it even though it was terribly greasy. I should have known not to eat the greasy mess of chorizo and eggs.



Charlie then drove us to Jack’s house on Sunset Lane in Placitas with an amazing view of the Rio Grande Valley with Capulin in the background.


We sat in Jack’s living room and discussed this month’s book, the first novel, A Dubious War by John Steinbeck for 2 hours, after which Jack served us slices of home made apple pie with homemade ice cream.



At 4:00 we left and Charlie drove us home. Unfortunately, I had an attack of diarrhea which I managed to hold in until we reached home, but had a disaster in the bathroom. I must remember to not eat greasy bad food because it will cause diarrhea attacks.


I showered off and got into bed by 5:00 and rested until 7:30 when Suzette came to fetch me for dinner.


Between 6:00 and7:00 Luke brought me a glass of smoothie made with banana and kefir that helped settle my stomach and gave me some nutrition and Suzette brought a chocolate chip cookie from Vickie.


 I ate the cookie with sips of the smoothie.


Suzette and Luke made the perfect meal, pinto beans and brown rice with chunks of avocado, a piece of chicken, topped with a dollop of mole salsa that was not hot.  I ate about six or seven bites as Suzette ate a bowl of the delicious food.



I was reminded of the famous book, Diet for A Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappe published in 1971 that professed that beans and rice could and should form the basis of any diet because together they provide all the necessary amino acids essential for humans. Her brother John worked at Westland with me and was a bit of a celebrity in my opinion.


I then returned to bed and Suzette brought me my meds at 8:00 and she then went to sleep.


I stayed up to blog and read. I have not felt any muscle weakness yet. Hopefully the good food I ate starting at 6:00 will help avoid that.


It is 9:40 and I am feeling fine.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment