Wednesday, March 27, 2024

March 26, 2024 Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and a bagel with cream and Jarlsberg cheese Lunch - La Cocina at El Super Dinner - Roasted Chicken from the Bistro, oven roasted ,asparagus, and PPI Casarecce Pasta

March 26, 2024 Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and a bagel with cream and Jarlsberg cheese Lunch - La Cocina at El Super  Dinner - Roasted Chicken from the Bistro, oven roasted ,asparagus, and PPI Casarecce Pasta


I woke up at 2:30 and worked until 4:00 and watched some news, mostly the collapse of the Francis Scott Key bridge in  Baltimore and then went back to sleep for 1 1/2 hours until 8:00.


I asked Suzette to bring home a Roasted chicken from the Bistro and she called the rider.


I watched the market go crazy up and down and by the end of the day Nvidia and Arm were two of the day’s big losers. My portfolio suffered a 1.2% loss, which is terrible, until you consider that from February 2 through yesterday it experienced a 10.8% gain, so it has a lot more gain to give up before my February 2 position is at risk.


Around 10:00 Luke made me a lovely small plate of soft scrambled eggs and toasted me a bagel that I smeared it with cream cheese and garnished with slices of Jarlsberg cheese.


At 12:00 I had my first excursion out of the house, Luke drove us to El Super and we shopped for produce.  We bought lemons, limes, avocados, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, chayotes, green leaf lettuce, yogurt, ginger, radishes, green onions, carrots, celery, snow peas, and asparagus.


We then went to La Cocina, a food service area within El Super. I picked out a pork tamale and a Mexican Coke and Luke ordered a taco plate with two large Al pastor tacos and two sides of beans.


We both liked our choices.


After lunch we finished our shopping and returned home by 1:45.


At 2:00 Frank came by to discuss a project and left at 3:00 when Steven, my new PT person, arrived to help me do my exercises.


When Steven left at 4:00 I lay down and rested until 7:00.


When I arrived in the kitchen, Luke and Suzette had started preparing dinner. Luke sliced and placed a bunch of asparagus in a freezer bag and tossed the stalks with olive oil, salt, and lemon zest.  Suzette then tossed asparagus and put them on a cookie sheet and baked them in the oven.


Suzette removed the roasted chicken from the fridge and I cut it into pieces and then Suzette put the pieces we were going to eat (two thighs and a breast) on a cookie sheet and warmed them in our oven (our microwave is currently not heating due to the failure of a part) and I deboned the rest of the chicken and placed the bones in a large pot and Suzette put the rest of the de-boned chicken into a freezer bag in the fridge.


The third leg of the meal was sautéing PPI cassarecce pasta with a little olive oil.


I minced about a dozen sprigs of chives to garnish the pasta.


When everything was ready we ate a great meal with glasses of French Vielle Vignes Sauvignon Blanc from Trader Joe’s that is a softer, less citrus wine than is often the case with a New Zealand or California Sauvignon Blanc that goes particularly well with roasted chicken.



After dinner Suzette added water, carrot, celery, and onion to the chicken bones pot with the addition of the bones from our dinner and made a stock.


Soon it was after 9:30 so I ate a couple of pieces of milk chocolate and went to bed, as did Luke and Suzette and Suzette moved the chicken stock to the back porch to chill for the night.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment