Thursday, March 28, 2024

March 27, 2024 Breakfast - Bagel with Gravad lax Lunch - Chicken, Carrots, and celery Snack - Salami Sandwiches Dinner - Tirana

March 27, 2024 Breakfast - Bagel with Gravad lax Lunch - Chicken, Carrots, and celery Snack - Salami Sandwiches Dinner - Tirana


It was an interesting day. I woke up at 7:00 and worked on a contract until 10:00 when I toasted two slices of bagel. I spread them with cream cheese and garnish them with slices of red onion, Gravad lax and capers.


Before she left at 8:00 Suzette brought the pot with all the chicken bones , celery, and carrots  she had been simmering last night in and turned on the heat on the stove to recommence the stock cooking.  I added about 2 cups of water and turned down the heat to a simmer and went back to work


I drank chai and then read another contract until 11:30 when I stopped the pot of chicken stock simmering on the stove.


I drained the liquid and put it into the fridge and ate the significant remaining boiled. chicken, carrot, and celery.


Then at 12:30 Luke and I drove to Smith’s. I bought flour, milk, a slab of rib steaks, a wedge of discounted grana cheese, a sour dough baguette, duck foie gras, coconut water for Luke, and three bottles of discounted fresh oysters. 


I was suffering weakness during the shopping so when we returned I toasted three slices of baguette and spread them with basil flavored mayonnaise and then garnished them with slices of salami, cured ham, red onion, Jarlsberg cheese, and lettuce at 2:30. I drank a glass of root beer to get some sugar inside me.


After the snack I lay down for a 1 hour nap.


When I awakened I checked the market and discovered that Nvidia was down $25.00 and Arm was down $2.50. In the face of this dramatic drop, the Dow had increased by $414 that other stocks that I own such as Home Depot, Solar Age, and Enphase Energy up dramatically. The net effect across the entire portfolio was a slight gain.


Luke had been painting a mural so at 6:00 we walked out to the garden to view the mural.


There was a lot of discussion regarding dinner and a decision was made to go out to eat at Triana, a Spanish tapa bar and restaurant in Nob Hill.


Willy came over and he, Suzette, and Luke walked around the block. I spent the time sending a comment to a client regarding a contract.


Then at 7:00 we drove to Triana. When we arrived we ordered a bottle of Martin Codex Albariño and ordered Garbanzo and spinach soup and goat cheese on toast.  Then we discussed the menu and ordered  an roasted oxtail, sautéed mushrooms, an order of bread, and tuna and avocado appetizer.


Then later we also ordered the roasted cauliflower with an interesting sour cream sauce and albondigas with Romesco sauce.


After we had eaten a bunch of tapas, we were finally full and skipped dessert and drove back home at 8:30.


Willy left and we were all tired and went to sleep.


I woke up at 1:30 to write this blog.


My strength had recovered with all the good food I ate that my gut did not reject as it did yesterday.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment