Sunday, March 31, 2024

March 30, 2024 Breakfast Bagel with Lax. Lunch - Beans, rice, chicken, acorn squash, and asparagus Snack - Hummus with avocado and pita chips and a Costco hot dog and bread with cheese

March  30, 2024 Breakfast Bagel with Lax. Lunch -  Beans, rice, chicken, acorn squash, and asparagus  Snack - Hummus with avocado and pita chips and a Costco hot dog and bread with cheese


I woke up early to watch Aston Villa beat the Wolves 2 to O.


Then I watched an exciting match between Brentford and Man Union.


In the morning i toasted two slices of bagel, spread cream cheese on them and garnished them with slices of onion and Nova cured salmon from Zabar’s.


At 1:30 I switched between women’s NCAA tournament match between Colorado and Iowa and the PL match between Man union and Brentford  that was 0 to 0 at the end of regulation. In the 8 minutes of added time, first Man Union and then Brentford scored in a flurry of attacks to end 1 to 1.


Then Suzette sautéed a wonderful mixture of acorn squash, chicken, asparagus, rice and beans that we ate for lunch.




 After the match we drove to Vara and drank a glass of wine while my allotment was packed. After the wine was loaded we drove to Costco.  I was hungry again so I ate a hotdog while Suzette shopped. She bought laundry soap, pita chips, baguettes, and a few other necessities.


I met her at the check out counter and helped push the cart to the car a bit after 5:00.


When we returned home Suzette mixed avocado with hummus and ate pita chips with the mixture and I ate a few pita chips.


Later we watched Death in Paradise and then Suzette went bed.


I stayed up to cut the baguettes into 4 sections that fit into a gallon freezer bag with a few ends left over. I sliced and buttered several slices and spread cherry preserves and slices of Jarlsberg cheese.  It brought back memories of Sweden where we used to enjoy fresh bread spread with butter and jam and covered by slices of Jarlsberg cheese.


I went to bed around 10:30.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment