Sunday, March 3, 2024

March 3, 2024 Brunch - Gravad Lax on toasted Bagels with goat cheese, onion, and capers. - Butter Chicken and rice at the Tikka Spice food truck. Dinner - Prepared Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes

March 3, 2024 Brunch - Gravad Lax on toasted Bagels with goat cheese, onion, and capers.  - Butter Chicken and rice at the Tikka Spice food truck. Dinner - Prepared Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes 

I woke up at 8:30 and watched Bournemouth beat Burnley and Fareed Zacharia.


Then I subscribed to Peacock so Willy and I could watch Man U play Man City and I could watch Paris Nice bike race.


Willy came over around 9:30 and we watched the match and when Suzette came in from working in her office I sliced and toasted two bagels that Willy spread with cream cheese and Suzette and I spread with goat cheese. We garnished the bagels with slices of onion, Gravad lax, and capers. We drank  cups of Latte machiatta .




 Willy left after Man City won and at 11:00 I watched the Ohio State v. Iowa woman’s NCAA basketball match which No. 6 ranked Iowa beat No. 2 ranked Ohio State, but more interestingly Caitlin Clark set the all time scoring record for basketball.


Then Suzette and I took a walk around the lakes in the Bosque and then took the Prius key to Jody.


On the way back from Jody’s we stopped at Marble Brewery for a beer for me.  We were hungry so I ordered a butter chicken with terrific basmati rice at the Tikka Spice food truck.p.  We enjoyed the spicy butter chicken covered with enough sauce to coat all the rice with sauce.


After we finished our food and beverages we drove home.


We read until 5:00 and then watched the news and I then peeled and cubed five potatoes that Suzette boiled and then mashed with milk and butter.  


Suzette had defrosted a box containing Swedish meatballs and brown sauce and a berry compote and heated the meatballs.


Suzette served the dish by ladling mashed potatoes onto the plate, then adding 5 or 6 meatballs, and finally the brown sauce.  She also steamed a handful of snow peas and fetched the jar of IKEA lingonsylt (lingonberry preserves).


I opened a bottle of Kirkland 2021 Bordeaux Superior that we enjoyed with  dinner.


We watched Oppenheimer the movie and the went to bed at 10:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment