Sunday, March 24, 2024

March 24, 2024 Brunch - Blueberry Pancakes and bacon. Snack- Beef Brisket and Roasted Vegetable Quesadilla. Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches

March 24, 2024 Brunch - Blueberry Pancakes and bacon. Snack- Beef Brisket and Roasted Vegetable Quesadilla. Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches

I slept until 6:45 and watched TV most of the day. Several NCAA tournament games were excellent, going to overtime.  Then there was the Denmark v. Switzerland European Cup friendly that was a 90 minute battle end in a 0 to 0 draw.


During the morning news programs Suzette asked me what I wanted for brunch and I said, “Pancakes.” Trying to thing of the most digestible food I could thing of.


So Blueberry pancakes it was.  Suzette used up all the blueberries because they were starting to go bad, so there was more berry than batter in the pancakes. 




I heated the bottle of maple syrup in a Bain Marie of hot water to warm it.


Suzette also fried four slices of bacon.


Willy called and we save some bacon and pancakes for him.


He then showed me his tax prep and we discussed how to describe his interest in the warehouses.


Willy the left and I took a shower and got into bed and rested until 3:00 when I talked to Rebecca about taxes for a while.


At 4:00 Suzette came and I suggested we split a quesadilla, so asuzette made a brisket and roasted vegetable quesadilla that we split.




The big match-ups in the tournament were in the evening. Clemson upset Baylor and there was a really competitive game between Texas A & M and University of Houston that went to overtime before Houston prevailed.


At 8:00 I felt the need to eat so I toasted a pita, cut it in half and filled each half with slices of feta and tomato, salami, and tzatziki.




Again this food I know my gut will accept, but just to make sure I drank a glass of yogurt drink


Then at 11:00 I drank another glass of yogurt drink to make sure my protective gut bacteria were happy, so I  could sleep in peace as I wrote this blog entry.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment