Sunday, March 17, 2024

March 16, 2024 Breakfast - Oatmeal, Scrambled Eegs, Turkey Bacon, and Flour tortilla. Lunch - Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Swiss Cheese and orange sherbet, Dinner with Suzette - Corned Beef Brisket with potatoes, carrots and cabbage

 March 16, 2024  Breakfast - Oatmeal, Scrambled Eegs, Turkey Bacon, and Flour tortilla. Lunch - Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Swiss Cheese and orange sherbet, Dinner with Suzette - Corned Beef Brisket with potatoes, carrots and cabbage


Another interesting day in the medical world.


The most remarkable thing is that I am feeling no pain, which I attribute to the excellent pain medicine management of alternating tramadol ( a light narcotic they tell me) with Tylenol.


I only got about one or two hours of sleep because they had my feet connected to a machine that flexed my feet every two minutes. It was hard to sleep when your feet are constantly being manipulated to prevent blood clots.


The other thing that was remarkable about this surgery was how well it went. The physical therapy attendants told me I was meeting all the criteria for discharge on the day following surgery and so I was discharged at 3:00 p.m. to Spanish Trail rehab hospital.  As I recall I could hardly get out of bed for three days in ICU after the last hip replacement operation.


Willy was most impressed by the difference in my physical reaction to this  and I guess the doctors and physical theorists were also.


I walked to the door in the middle of the night of March 15 with nurse Vanaslav and this morning  across the hall and during physical therapy at 1:30 I walked down the hall about 100 feet, which along with my rapidly stabilizing blood pressure and sugar, must have convinced my doctors I could leave the hospital, especially since a bed was available at Spanish Trail Rehab Hospital..


Presbyterian is probably the best hospital in Albuquerque for lots of reasons, including superlative staffing and administration.


So mid morning the lady who handles rehab placement visited me and I told her a private room at Spanish Trail would be acceptable.


The food selection, preparation, and quality is better at Pres., but the rehab facility at Spanish Trail is excellent and that is what I needed, so I signed all the paperwork acknowledging that I was discharged by my own free will and releasing the hospital for any inadequacies in my treatment.

I,love the fact that all you can do is sign documents prepared by lawyers to prevent other lawyers from suing.


Breakfast was okay. The choices limited me to four choices besides oatmeal.  The oatmeal with a packet of brown sugar was excellent but due to the dietary restrictions the doctor ordered I had to settle for turkey bacon with scrambled eggs and a flour tortilla that I combined to make a burrito rather than order a breakfast burrito in order to order oatmeal.


The oatmeal was perfectly cooked and delicious with brown sugar, raisins, and 2% milk. My attempt to make a burrito was not so good. Suzette who was visiting, would not eat any of it, so I ate it . The fourth item I ordered was orange sherbet, which has been the pleasant food surprise.  It  is strongly flavored and quite sweet with natural sugar 


Suzette encouraged me to order a hot grilled chicken sandwich for lunch which I did with a small side salad and the obligatory orange sherbet.


Suzette spent much of the day with the plumbers installing fixtures in the new bathroom but at 6:00 brought two portions of corn beef with boiled potatoes, carrots, and cabbage for dinner, which was infinitely better than the sloppy Joe served on a hamburger bun without any trimmings with the fabulous Delice sauce I made by whipping cream with horseradish.


After we ate we watched a Dwane Johnson and Emily Blunt Disney movie about Spanish treasure in Central America and then Suzette left and I watched basketball and soccer until 12:30 after I was given thebtramadol anf tylenol.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment