Tuesday, March 26, 2024

March 25, 2024 Breakfast - bagels with cream cheese and Lax. Lunch - Charbroiled Vietnamese savory pastry Dinner - Hamburger Steaks with PPI, Pasta and Brussels Sprouts Casserole

March 25, 2024  Breakfast - bagels with cream cheese and Lax. Lunch - Charbroiled Vietnamese savory pastry Dinner - Hamburger Steaks with PPI, Pasta and Brussels Sprouts Casserole


I woke up early and toasted two slices of bagel, one of white flour and the other of rye flour.  I spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with Gravad lax and red onion. I drank a ginger tea with them.



The market was down and then u in the last few minutes plunged down today to make all the indexes negative, so I had a negligible gain.


Suzette came home early and heated the savory pastry Amy brought me in the hospital in the oven because our microwave is broken, but she became occupied and let the pastry become charbroiled.


Since my mother taught me to eat charbroiled toast because she said the extra carbon was good for me, I ate the pastry and found it edible, especially when I dipped it into the last few spoonfuls of tzatziki.


After lunch Luke went to the coop and bought Brussels sprouts.


So for dinner we decided to make a baked Brussels Sprout casserole.


Dinner - I had bought a large bag of Brussels Sprouts before the operation, so I cut off the rough bases where each connected to the stem and then cut each in half vertically and placed the halves in a 9 x 14 Pyrex roasting pan with a dozen cloves of garlic in their skins and sliced a large shallot into 1/2 slices and Luke squeezed garlic onto it and Suzette tossed them with salt and olive oil and baked them in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes and then added pinon nuts and baked them another 15 minutes uncovered.


She also made four hamburgers from the ground beef we have in the meat drawer and grilled them on the grill to medium and then melted slices of Jarlsberg cheese on them.


Finally, Suzette sautéed some PPI Casarecce pasta in olive oil and butter.


I opened a bottle of 2021 Embroidery Pinot Noir we recently bought at Costco for $7 or $8.



While Suzette was cooking I sipped the Lustau red Vermouth with slices of orange and watched Kaitlin Clark and Iowa defeat an unusually tough West Virginia team in a Women’s NCAA tournament match-up.


When Suzette plated dinner we sat down for a family dinner.




After dinner Willy left and Luke, Suzette, and I watched the first episode  3 Person  Problem, the new Netflix series.


We went to bed a bit after 10:00.


Bon Appetit











 

No comments:

Post a Comment