Thursday, February 8, 2024

February 7, 2024 Brunch - Shrimp omelet. Dinner - Mint Jelly Glazed Grilled Lamb Chops with Vegetable Couscous

February 7,  2024 Brunch - Shrimp omelet. Dinner - Mint Jelly Glazed Grilled Lamb Chops with Vegetable Couscous 


I woke up at 8:00 and showered and dressed and reviewed Suzette’s response to the IRS’ questions regarding SC, Inc’s application for charitable status.


I drank a espresso latte with a Belgium Chocolate crepe.


Then at 11:00 Suzette made a lovely omelet with shrimp, onion, and tomato and toasted two slices of baguette on which I spread butter and Swedish orange and elderberry marmalade.



Suzette then drove to pick up the tile she had ordered for the bathroom floor but it did not match the sample and she had to pick another tile that had actually was my first choice, a geometric black and white crisp-cross pattern.


At 12:15 I drove to my appointment at Eye Associates on Harper. My eye sight was examined and it was still 20/20 and normal pressure by a technician.  Then I was taken to an examination room where a young doctor Fillmore examined my eyes with a powerful magnifying instrument and he removed “a Rock” (his words) from my right eye that had been bothering me.


After he diagnosed me as having dry eyes and recommended a treatment modality, I was released.  This was the big event of the day.


I then drove to Trader Joe’s and bought chocolate and two bottles of Chanteclair VS cognac and two cases of wine to replenish our levels of both. I shop at Trader Joe’s for our every day wines, but today I bought several more expensive bottles, such as a Chateauneuf du Pape, a Trader Joe’s Platinum Cabernet Sauvignon, a Grand Cru St.Emillon, a Brunello, and a Barolo, plus a white and red vermouth, a Amontillado sherry, in addition to the usual suspects. The entire ticket was $311.00 which seemed rather inexpensive for the quantity and quality of items I selected even though prices had gone up on many items.


I then drove to Lowe’s and bought four yellow squash, an avocado,, an eggplant, and 1/2 gallon of milk.


When I arrived home at 3:30 I was tired and sore, so I open the bottle of vermouth and drank a white extra dry vermouth over ice with a slice of orange and made a tapa of two slices of toasted baguette spread with a French Presidente vegetable cheese spread and watched The Beat at 4:00.


I ceded the TV to Suzette at 5:00 and checked the mail and my portfolio, which seems again to be on an upward trajectory thanks to Willy’s recommendations of Enphase and Palintir and the perennial out performer, Nvidia.


We had thawed 6 lamb chops at 11:00 so at 5:00 I diced 1/3 red onion, a medium yellow squash, 1/3 pasilla chili, 1/2 of a tomato, and two cloves of garlic. At 6:00 Suzette grilled the lamb chops and then glazed them with some of her homemade mint jelly and sautéed the diced vegetables to which she added some PPI couscous.




I fetched the newly purchased 2021 Côtes du Rhône Village ($16.99 at Trader Joe’s) which we opened and poured for dinner.  I liked the wine because it had a smoothness that reflected the blending of several Southern Rhone grape juices, but Suzette thought it tasted no better than the cheaper Rhône’s we usually drink.


We each enjoyed a lamb chop on a pile of vegetable couscous dusted with fresh minced parsley and each ended our meal with a glass of cognac. I also opened the fresh 1/2 kilo bar of Belgium milk chocolate and ate 4 squares. The fresh Belgium milk chocolate with cognac was a treat.


We both were tired and went to bed before 9:00.


I awakened at 1:00 to write this blog.


Happy belated Birthday Rebecca and Billy. H


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment