Sunday, February 4, 2024

February 3, 2024 Lunch - Salmon and Tuna Sashimi. Dinner - Teriyaki Salmon grilled on a cedar plank with Pea, tomato, red onions, parsley, and garlic Couscous

February 3, 2024 Lunch - Salmon and Tuna Sashimi. Dinner - Teriyaki Salmon grilled on a cedar plank with Pea, tomato, red onions, parsley, and garlic Couscous 


I started the day with a foamy cafe Maciata and a heated chocolate crepe.


Then at 12:00 I made teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 cup each of soy, mirin and white vermouth instead I’d sake and 1 T. of sugar.  The teriyaki sauce was a bit sweeter than if I had used sake because of the sugar in the vermouth. We took the salmon fillet out of the freezer and began thawing it.


We then started assembling a platter of sashimi.  I sliced an Aji tuna steak and the tail section on the salmon fillet I bought at Smith’s this week.


Then I peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/3 cucumber and sliced three radishes and a large avocado.


Suzette heated the PPI sushi rice and filled the dipping bowls with soy and wasabi and poured glasses of Sauvignon blanc.


I filled a small ramekin with pickled ginger and Suzette boiled about a dozen frozen headless shrimp in teriyaki.



I drank green tea and Suzette drank white wine and we had a wonderful lunch.


We unloaded the records from the stereo cabinet, brought in a couple of large boxes, and I paid for some of the bathroom fixtures.


After the salmon fillet began thawing Suzette poured the teriyaki sauce into the freezer bag with the salmon.


After lunch Suzette napped and I read and napped until 3:30 when Aaron, Monika, and Alex came by.


We talked for a while and made Monica a cup of coffee.


After they left we rested until 6:30 when I made a very interesting couscous for dinner.  I sautéed frozen green peas, two romaine tomatoes diced, two cloves of garlic, 1/8 red onion, 1/2 shallot and a small handful of parsley in a pan with 4 oz. of butter for a couple of minutes and then added 1 1/4 cup of couscous and sautéed the couscous for a couple of minutes.  I then added two cups of boiling water and covered the pan and cooked it add high heat for a minute and the lowered the heat to low and cooked another couple of minutes and then turned off the heat and let the ingredients and steamed the couscous covered.


Prior to dinner Suzette cut and soaked a cedar board in water in the tub. Then at 6:30 Suzette placed the teriyaki marinated salmon fillet on the board and grilled it in the propane gas grill outside.


The salmon was cooked and the couscous was ready when Willy arrived at around 6:50. I asked Willy what he wanted to drink and he said red wine, so I opened a bottle of Kirkland Malbec.



Suzette cut the fillet into three pieces and lay each piece on a pile of couscous and we poured glasses of Malbec and had a great dinner.





Willy left at 7:50 and we watched a documentary on Martha Stewart and then Death in Paradise.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to watch “Nina” and blog and ate a chocolate and tea and sipped a Calvados.





Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment