Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 23, 2024 Lunch - No. 30 at Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with tzatziki and a garbanzo and pickled beet salad.

February 23, 2024 Lunch - No. 30 at Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with tzatziki and a garbanzo and pickled beet salad.


At 7:30: when the Market opened I made and drank a cup of latte machiatta coffee and two chocolate filled Belgium crepes.


I then worked on the tax schedule for the building at 3213 Central and at 9:30 left for my 10:00 appointment with Titan, which lasted until 1:30.


I then drove to Vietnam 2000 and ordered No. 30, which is my old summer favorite, Bun Cha Gio with pork egg rolls and grilled marinated pork on a bed of warm steamed rice vermicelli on chopped lettuce, mung bean sprouts, and cucumbers served with sweetened fish sauce.


I asked and was given extra fish sauce and a small plate of fresh cilantro, oriental basil, and mung bean sprouts.


I then drove home and rested and watched the news until 5:30 when I walked briskly around the block.


When I returned home, and made tzatziki with two cloves of garlic minced and covered with lemon juice. Then I peeled, seeded diced, and added a whole cucumber and added 1 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1 1/2 cups of yogurt, I diced and added1/2 bunch of fresh dill and extra lemon juice tontaste.


Suzette was drinking a white vermouth and eating potato chips, just like a tapa hour in Spain, so I poured a white vermouth and filled a bowl with salted potato chips and we watched a lovely movie starring Bill Murray titled “St. Vincent”.


I loved the movie that was a lot like A Man named Otto, cranky older man, who is a loving helpful person.


Then at 8:00 Suzette grilled 4 lamb chops and plated a chop for each of us with a pile of the lovely garbanzo bean, pickled red onion, and pickled beet salad to which we added tzatziki.


We opened a bottle of 2021 Embroidery Pinot Noir red wine ($7.99 at Costco and worth it) and enjoyed a lovely late dinner at 9:00 just like in Spain.







Suzette had spent the day in the kitchen cooking Three Mediterranean dishes, one of which was this lovely garbanzo bean salad.


After dinner we went to bed at 10:00.


I woke up at 3:30 to watch an episode of Poirot set in high deco England and the a book review by David Rubinstein about FDR and write this blog.


I went back to sleep at 5:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment