Wednesday, February 21, 2024

February 21, 2024 Lunch - a Costco Hotdog Dinner - Roasted whole chicken with sautéed Butternut Squash Sticks and steamed Green Beans

 February 21, 2024 Lunch - a Costco Hotdog Dinner - Roasted whole chicken with sautéed Butternut Squash Sticks and steamed Green Beans


A rather full day of activity.


I drank a cup of Latte macciatta Made by our new coffee machine.and ate a Belgium chocolate crepe around 8:00 while watching the market open down.


I then helped Suzette draft an agreement and then dressed and drove to my10:45 podiatry appointment.


After the appointment I drove to Costco and shopped. I bought two Embroidery Pinot Noirs, two Kirkland Malbecs, two Kirkland Pinot Grigio, and two Kirkland Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, lamb chops, a case of Pellegrino mineral water, a box of 50 vegetable spring rolls, a big bag of sea salt potato chips, more Belgium crepes, baguettes, Refresh Tears, collagen tablets, and Areds 2 tablets.


I became weak as I shopped and had to take a sugar pill to keep going to the check out counter.


I then bought a hot dog and Pepsi for $1.50, the best food value in Albuquerque and soon regained my strength with the second glass of Pepsi and 1/4 of a second hot dog that I had to stop eating when I saw it was 1:12 and I had to leave in a hurry to make my 1:20 eye appointment.


I threw the items into the mini and drove quickly to Eye Associated on Harper and was able to make my 1;20 appointment.


I had a full eye exam and the doctor told me that my regimen for treating my dry eyes was working and I was making progress in resolving the tearing of my right eye.  Also my vision is still nearly 20/20 and I d not seem to have any damage from diabetes.


I drive home arriving at 4:00 in time to see Ari Melber at 4:00.


At 5:00 Suzette started roasting the whole chicken impaled on a spandex cooking rack at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes and then for a hour at 350 degrees.

I meditated from 5:30 to 6:00.




Suzette also snapped and steamed a handful of green beans and sliced about a lb. of roasted butternut squash in butter and olive oil.


The sautéed butternut squash sticks were the best part of the meal even though the roasted chicken had been seasoned with slices of garlic and slices of lemon garnished with herbs de .Provided.


I chilled one of the bottles of Kirkland Sauvignon Blanc when I returned home that we drank with and after the meal.


We made a plate for Willy who came by but would not stay because he was under the weather.


My portfolio was down slightly today but Nvidia announced strong earnings and strong projected earnings today which caused its stock to rally $30.00 in after hour trading along with many of the other high tech stocks that should help my portfolio regain some of the loss from the sell off of the last three days from its all time high.


I drank a small glass of Geverny with a splash of cognac and two square of milk chocolate for dessert later in the evening.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment