Sunday, February 25, 2024

February 25, 2024 Brunch - Chicken Liver and Mushroom Omelet snack - Pita pocket sandwich with steak and tomato. Dinner - Leftover Lamb Shank with broccoli , couscous, and sautéed butternut Squash sticks

February 25, 2024 Brunch - Chicken Liver and Mushroom Omelet snack - Pita pocket sandwich with steak and tomato. Dinner - Leftover Lamb Shank with broccoli , couscous, and sautéed butternut Squash sticks


Today was full of activity and good food.


I started at 7:00 watching PL soccer, the Sunday news programs, and rode a mile on the exercise bike and marinated the fresh chicken livers in sherry


Then at 10:30 I prepped a dish that my mother made for me when I was little that I loved because there were two chicken livers in the chicken we cooked last week.


I minced 1/2 of a shallot, a clove of garlic, and 1/4 cup of parsley and also sliced four mushrooms.


Then we sautéed the shallots, garlic, and mushrooms in 2 T. Each of butter and Spanish olive oil. While the vegetables sautéd, I whisked four eggs and added a dash of salt and some timur pepper on the eggs.


I then added the drained chicken livers that I had roughly diced and the parsley and in a couple of minutes when the livers were no longer red, I added the eggs.



Suzette fetched a bottle of Juve and Camps Cava from the garage fridge and we poured glasses.



When the eggs cooked to just to lightly firm, Suzette turned the heat off and served the omelet.


It was perfect, firm but soft and very flavorful as we picked bites of mushroom, egg, and liver.


Also, the light cava. Helped make it a special dish.

 

My reaction to the dish was that it was remarkably similar to the dish Mother used to cook


After brunch I lay down for a nap until 1:30, at which time I went outside and trimmed the rest of the roses and the fruit trees with Suzette whip o had covered  the raspberry and blueberry bushes with paper and straw to kill intrusive grass.


I then went in and rested until 3:30 when I cut a pita in half and toasted the two halves and filled each  with slices feta cheese, tomato, and PPI steak and then added several spoonfuls of tzatziki to each.


 I called Suzette and we each ate one half sandwich with some green olives.



I then rested until 5:00 and when I walked outside, Willy arrived and walked with me to the end of the block and back


Willy started his laundry and then Suzette heated dinner of leftovers lamb shank, couscous and snow peas and steamed broccoli.



I opened and poured glasses of Kirkland Malbec and we ate a lovely dinner.



Willy left after dinner and we watched a great 2006 movie titled Holiday starring Kate Winslet, Carmen Diaz, Jude Law, and Jack Black with some Maison Serene cognac and chocolate truffle and went to bed at 10:20.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment