Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 23, 2024 Lunch - Chili Relleno burrito and Menudo at La Cocina Dinner - Prepared Lamb Shank in Pomegranate Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and steamed Asparagus

February 23, 2024 Lunch - Chili Relleno burrito and Menudo at La Cocina Dinner - Prepared Lamb Shank in Pomegranate Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and steamed Asparagus


I ate a chocolate crepe with a latte maciatta for breakfast around 9:00


Then I completed the worksheets for the three family tax returns until 11:30 when Peter arrived for lunch.


I drove us to El Super and ordered a large bowl of menudo with extra Posole and a chili Relleno plate with double beans and flour tortillas and two Mexican bottles of Coca Cola.

I’ve 

I cut the chili Relleno in half and made two burritos with 1/2 of the chili Relleno and 1/2 of the refried beans.


I fetched chopped onion and cilantro and lime wedges that we used to season our menudo.


We had a great meal.




I then bought a bunch of radishes and two bunches of dill and drove us home.


I then started pruning the rose bushes until 6;00.


While I pruned Suzette lay paper around the blueberry and raspberry bushes to retardant the invasion of grass.


Then Suzette made mashed potatoes and heated. The prepared lamb shank in pomegranate sauce and I snipped the ends off a bundle of asparagus stalks and steamed them.





We opened a new bottle 2015 gran Reserva Rioja wine that was not as elegant as I thought it would be but still excellent with the meal.




We watched the results of the South Carolina Republican primary as we ate dinner.


After dinner I toasted and buttered a slice of baguette and spread a soft Daff elegance cheese on it and ate that with a glass of wine.


Later I made a cup of tea and ate a chocolate and marshmallow cookie.


It was a good day with lots of activity but not a lot of steps because I failed to turn on my phone.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment