Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April 24, 2019 Lunch – AmerAsia Dinner – New Recipe - Chicken Florentine with Fresh Diced Tomato

April 24, 2019 Lunch – AmerAsia Dinner – New Recipe - Chicken Florentine with Fresh Diced Tomato

I ate the uneaten leftover bowl of granola and fruit and yogurt from yesterday while spenting the morning reading Earn documents until Aaron came at 11:00 and we cleaned up a couple of documents and prepared By-laws and Minutes of the Organizational Meeting.

We then went to lunch at AmerAsia.  We ordered five items, stuffed tofu, steamed buns, deep fried pork filled dumplings, pork and ginger steamed dumplings, and sticky rice with spicy pork, which was more than enough food for us to share.




I am reminded of the amazing dumpling restaurant we ate at on the square inside the walls of the inner city in Xian on our trip to China.  The waiters did not serve dumplings on small plates like AmerAsia but instead brought out the large steaming trays in which 50 to 100 dumplings are cooked at a time and stacked trays one on top of the other as we ate dumplings until we could not see straight and had to waddle out of the restaurant.

After lunch I went to the bank and deposited a check and then went home around 3:00. I checked the Market results and I was down about half of my gain yesterday, but when I checked Facebook it was up over $12.00 in the after market, so it looks like things may go up tomorrow.

I did not sleep well last night and we must get up early tomorrow to leave to go to NYC.
So I lay down fell asleep around 4:00 and awakened at 5:36, just in time to go meditate at 6:00.

When I returned home at 7:20 I cleaned the kitchen and soon after Suzette arrived.

Chicken Florentine with Tomato

We had decided to eat the PPI roasted chicken with spinach and we had lots of chunks of red onion left from Suzette’s cutting pieces off to sprout them in jars filled with water.  So I diced red onion and about 1 T. of garlic and then the chicken breast while Suzette de-stemmed a colander full of fresh spinach leaves.  There were two nice Roma tomatoes in the fridge, so I diced them also

Suzette then sautéed all the ingredients in a large skillet and made a light cream sauce by adding heavy cream and white wine.  She also boiled a pot full of casarecce Italian macaroni and I minced the last of a bunch of parsley and sliced sheets of Pecorino Romano cheese.

When the pasta was done we lay it in the bottom of pasta bowls, laid slices of cheese on top, then ladled spoonfuls of Chicken Florentine on top and finally garnished the top with finely chopped parsley for a beautiful plate of food that was also delectable.  It is amazing what you can do with PPIs.




After dinner I drank a glass of tonic water with the juice of ½ lime and cleaned up and ate a few bites of the rhubarb blueberry Clafoutis.

We then packed and showered and went to bed after setting the alarm for 4:00 a.m.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment