Sunday, April 14, 2019

April 13, 2019 Brunch – Bacon, Fried Eggs and Cottage Fries Scramble Dinner – Zinc

April 13, 2019 Brunch – Bacon, Fried Eggs and Cottage Fries Scramble
Dinner – Zinc

I spent a leisurely day.  I drank a glass of sweet lime juice for breakfast and watched soccer..

Then Suzette and I drove to the Farmer’s Market.  We were amazed how much produce there was and how many growers came from all over the state.  We bought apple cider from Velarde and red bok Choy and lettuce grown in Socorro

When we returned home, asuzette left for work and I did some work also.

For brunch I sautéed 2 ½ pieces of thick cut bacon to crisp and then added about three oz. of cottage fries and sautéed them in the bacon fat for a few minutes.  Then I added two eggs to the medium skillet and after the egg yolks broke flipped the whole affair to cook the eggs.  I slid the whole affair out of the skillet.. A regular skillet breakfast.


After brunch I slept for several hours and woke up at 3:45 when Suzette arrived..  At 4:30 I showered and got dressed for the symphony and we made a snack.  I toasted two pieces of rye bread and smeared them with mayo and lay slices of onion and tomato on them and a piece of pickled herring.


We went to the symphony at 5:30 and it started at 6:00. The symphony was really magnificent this evening.  It played Vivaldi’s four seasons with a guest violinist named Pine and then Bruckner’s 7th Symphony, which was very melodic with harmonic overtones mixing in waves.

                                           The full symphony playing the Bruckner

After the symphony we met Cliff for dinner at Zinc and were seated next to Cynthia and Ricardo and Cynthia’s younger sister who was visiting from Portland, Maine.

They were on dessert when we arrived so we said goodbye a few minutes later.

Zinc has a three course pris fixe dinner for $35.00, which Cliff and I ordered.  Suzette ordered an a blood orange salad and helped me eat my dinner.  I ordered a Cesar Salad for my appetizer and Cliff ordered Zinc’s famous duck confit egg roll.  I enjoyed my Cesar salad very much.  It was perfectly
made and the addition of several anchovy filets that I requested was a nice touch.

The duck confit egg roll with two dipping sauces, hummus and a spicy tempura dipping sauce


                                                         Suzette’s blood orange salad

My Cesar Salad

Cliff ordered Scallops as his entrée. They were served with a wild rice medley and snow peas.

I ordered lamb loin that was served on a puddle of Demi-glacé sauce and six or seven potato gnocchi served on a small puddle of Alfredo sauce.  I loved it.  I requested the meat be cooked to medium rare and it was.






Cliff had just returned from a cruise to Antarctica, South Georgia Island, and Montevideo with some fascinating stories.  We each ordered dessert.  Cliff and I ordered an elaborate construction of two phyllo wafers coated with chocolate and crystallized sugar with a ball of whipped cream and a ball of white mousse sandwiches between the phyllo wafers.  We loved it. Suzette ordered a large rectangle of carrot cake with a thick layer of white chocolate mousse and a sweetened apple compote on top and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.  She took most of it home.




I watched a bit of Saturday Night Live and went to bed at midnight.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment