Monday, April 22, 2019

April 22, 2019 Lunch – Salad with Liverwurst and Ham sandwiches, Dinner – BBQ Pork Stuffed Baked Potato with Calabacitas

April 22, 2019 Lunch – Salad with Liverwurst and Ham sandwiches,  Dinner – BBQ Pork Stuffed Baked Potato with Calabacitas

I worked all day today

I squeezed a galas of fresh orange juice at 8:30.

At 10:00 I ate a bowl of granola with fresh tropical fruit salad and yogurt, biodynamic heaven.

I finished the letter I was working on at 1:30 and decided to make a salad with lettuce from our garden.  There are plants poking their heads up.  I was gratified that we had spent the Sunday before Easter planting seeds.  I picked a basket full and cleaned it and spun it.  There is a variety of at least seven or eight different types of lettuces in the garden.

 I then diced and added six stalks of PPI roasted asparagus and a slice of eggplant, plus three radishes sliced, two small pieces of PPI grilled rib steak, and some slices of yellow onion. I freshened the Cesar dressing with lemon juice and Spanish olive oil and dressed the salad.

I then sliced Jarlsberg cheese slices and toasted two slices of rye bread and melted the cheese slices on the bread and then added slices of ham on one slices and slices of liverwurst on the other and garnished the open faced sandwiches with several slices of bread and butter pickles Suzette made last year.



I ate at the table in the table in the TV room until 2:00 and the market closed on an up tick for my portfolio.  Then I moved to the table on the patio so I could see the garden and smell the last of the blooming wisteria flowers.

After lunch I checked my portfolio and was pleased that on a day that the Dow lost ground my portfolio gained almost ½% in total value. A really good day in the Market, especially since I have pulled almost 15% out of stocks and am holding it in cash.

I worked on an emergency for a client until after 4:00 and then dressed to ride but the weather was
windy, so I watched Mad Money and some of the Business News Report.  Suzette arrived around 5:30 just as I was going out to ride.  I decided to ride the short circle but when I turned south at Central I faced a sustained 20 m.p.h. wind out of South, so I turned for home at 14th rather than continue to Marquez.  So my normal short ride of 40 minutes changed into a 25 minute ride.

When I got home Suzette was ready to start cooking dinner.  We had decided to make a PPI dinner of BBQ Pork Stuffed Baked Potatoes with Calabacitas.  I took too long changing apparently, because when I returned to the kitchen, Suzette had fetched the calabacitas from the garage fridge and the BBQ Pork from the indoor ridge and was heating them on the stove and had heated two previously baked potatoes.  The only thing left to do was to decide what to drink.  We decided to drink a chilled bottle of French Pear Cider from Normandy ($4.99 at Trader Joe’s) that was in the fridge.

Suzette constructed interesting bowls of food. Tthey looked ugly but they were delicious, especially with the pear cider.







Willy called and we planned on Suzette bringing home a roasted chicken, that we would eat with steamed string beans and a bottle of Trader Joe’s 2017 Willamette Valley Petit Reserve Pinot Gris I bought last Friday.

The baked potato was garnished with butter, then stuffed with BBQ and then garnished gain with calabacitas, sour cream and chopped chives.  Here is a photo of the ingredients and the finish dish.

The dish was so filling that Suzette could not finish her dinner and I was stuffed and felt no desire to eat anything else.

We switched between the Democratic Town Halls on CNN, Rachel Maddow, and Antiques Roadshow.  We really enjoyed the Town Hall format and liked all the candidates, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth warren, Kampala Harris, Bernie Sanders, and Pete Bundergeig.

It is going to be an exciting year of campaigning for the Democrats.

My hope is the Party stays united behind whoever gains the nomination.

After the five hour debate Suzette went to bed and I watched the last 30 minutes of a PBS documentary on Eva, who was not only a survivor of Auschwitz but she and her twin sister were survivors of Josef Mengele’s horrible experiments on prisoners.  The theme of the documentary was that she sought to capture Mengele for years, but finally learned to forgive as a means of liberating herself from hating Mengele and the Nazis and Auschwitz.

I blogged after the show ended and then went to bed after two cups of chai.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment