Thursday, April 11, 2019

April 11, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with shrimp. Dinner – Salad with Smoked Whitefish

April 11, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with shrimp. Dinner – Salad with Smoked Whitefish

A busy day today.  I started working at 8:00, completed two tasks and left for a 9:00 corporate meeting that lasted until noon.

It was really chilly and windy so I decided to make noodle soup.  I filled a 2 quart pot 2/3 full of water and added about 2/3 tsp. of dehydrated dashi, a pho seasoning bullion cube, some Vietnamese rice stick and Japanese buckwheat soba noodles.  Then I added a diced zucchini, a 6 oz. can of Chicken of the Sea albacore tuna in water, seaweed, 2 oz. of white onion diced,  a sliced large white mushroom, a heaping T. of red miso, a diced cloves of garlic, 5 oz. of medium tofu diced, a handful of spinach, and finally six frozen shrimp. It took about 45 minutes to make the soup.


I ate several bowls but with cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, hoisin and sriracha.  I was constantly interrupted so did not finish until 2:00.

I worked on a pleading until 3:30 but kept dozing so at 4:00 after sending the pleading to the client to review lay down for a nap.  Suzette arrived about 5:00 and lay down also.  Miraculously, I awakened at 6:10, just in time to make it to meditation by 6:30.  We had a new person tonight so meditation was really good.  After meditation we had a discussion that was wonderful comparing notes on goals and experiences related to meditation.

I returned home at 8:00.  Suzette had snacked on banana nut bread, popcorn, and something else and was not hungry.  I had thought to make a salad for lunch before deciding to cook soup, so I made a salad with ¼ of a head of red leaf Lettuce, 1/3 cucumber peeled, sliced and diced, two tomatoes diced, two green onions, and about three oz. of smoked Whitefish dressed with a Cesar dressing.   I toasted pieces of French baguette and melted slices of Jarlsberg cheese on them.  I looked up the meaning of Jarl in Norwegian and besides being a proper name, the word referred to a nobleman in medieval Scandinavia. So, literally the nobleman’s Mountain is the name of the cheese.


I drank a glass of Chilean Chardonnay, ( I think was purchased at Trader Jie’s

I toasted two pieces of banana bread and smeared them with boysenberry jam for dessert and washed them down with a couple cups of tea.

Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I followed at 10:00.

She sleep as I blogged this.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment