Wednesday, April 17, 2019

April 16, 2019 Lunch – PPI Pork Chinese stir fry with rice. Dinner – Grilled Bone-in Rib Steak and Asparagus with Cottage fries mixed with sliced onions and mushrooms

April 16, 2019 Lunch – PPI Pork Chinese stir fry with rice. Dinner – Grilled Bone-in Rib Steak and Asparagus with Cottage fries mixed with sliced onions and mushrooms

I am on the Nordic diet, getting lots of fish into my diet.  Along with fish oil capsules the fish seems to relieve much of the pain in my joints, so I feel more like exercising, which relieves more pain from my joints.  I am definitely feeling better.

Today I stayed at home all day until I rode my bike at 5:30 p.m.

I ate two slices of a whole wheat everything bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and smoked white fish for breakfast.


For lunch at 1:00 I heated the container of stir fried pork and vegetables we made Sunday night mixed with the PPi rice from that meal.  I stayed up during last night so crashed at 2:30 after a remarkable event.  Qualcomm and Apple settled their long patent licensing lawsuit during opening statements at the long awaited trial. As judges often say, there is nothing like the urgency of going to trial to motivate settlement.   Qualcomm stock shot up $18.00.  I have 500 shares of Qualcomm so that alone made me a winner for the day

I slept until 5:00.  After watching the business news I rode four miles.

Suzette came home a bit after 6:00 hungry, so as soon as I finished my last task of the day I joined her in the kitchen.  She was already sautéing potato and onion slices in a large skillet and was heating the grill and had salted and peppered the steak and shaken a lb. of fresh asparagus in a freezer bag doused with olive oil, salt and pepper, ready to grill.  When Suzette gets going, she is unstoppable, which I love.

I had to do nothing besides slicing five mushrooms and finding and opening the bottle of 2017 Trader Joe’s Platinum Reserve Pinot Noir from the Russian River Area in Sonoma County ($14.99) I had bought last week.  When I poured the Pinot its color was perfect.   It had a red translucent clarity and pleasant taste and became better as we drank it with dinner after it opened up.  It was wonderful with the steak.

The grilled asparagus are wrapped in aluminum to hold their heat  and juices 
      Grilling the steak

The steak is done

                                               Sautéing the potatoes, onion, and mushroom 


Dinner is served 




I fetched the solidified Bearnaise sauce from the fridge and we ladled teaspoonfuls  on our steaks and
Asparagus.

 After dinner I drank the wine with a wedge of Brie cheese and it tasted wonderful with the cheese.

Later Suzette served bowls of clafoutis with whipped cream and I later ate some coffee ice cream with a heavy splash of Rum.

I like to think all these medium chain fats help my joints. Medically they are recommended for my muscle condition.  In fact I need to start taking coconut oil, but Brie cheese with a good Pinot seems so much more appealing.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment