Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 23 , 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner- Roasted Chicken, Ears of Corn, and Cauliflower Couscous with green beans and Mushroom slices

April 23 , 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner- Roasted Chicken, Ears of Corn, and Cauliflower Couscous with green beans and Mushroom slices

I drank a cup of hot water with juice of ½ sweet lime and a squirt of honey as I watched the stock market lit off for another stellar day.

I later made a bowl of granola with fruit salad and yogurt, but did not eat it. I was happy when Aaron called and agreed to go to lunch.

I had to file a document with the Supreme Court and one with the N.M. Court of Appeals, so it was a busy morning.

I met Aaron for lunch at Vietnam 2000 a bit after noon.  It was a cool rainy day, perfect weather for a bowl of pho.  I chose number 40, with slices of raw beef and beef brisket in a great tasting beef broth with lots of rice vermicelli.

Aaron ordered a dish unique to Vietnam 2000 as far as I know; a basket of fried vermicelli noodles filled with sautéed vegetables and meats of your choice with just enough light brown sauce to moisten the noodles enough to be soft but still crunchy in places.  The variation in texture was very appealing, crisp and soft sauce moistened noodles mixed with sauce covered lightly stir fried meats and vegetables.  Aaron ordered the mixed meat version that included chunks of beef and chicken, and shrimp.  Sort of a rice noodle cotton candy.

After lunch I filed my Motion with the Supreme Court and prepared and mailed the motion to each of the four parties and the Court.

I then went to my dietitian conference and found out a bit more about controlling against diabetes with diet. Basically a Mediterranean diet with moderate portions of  pasta, bread, and rice and lots of green leafy vegetables.

Suzette was at home when I arrived a bit after 5:00.  She had brought home a roasted chicken from Costco.  At about 6:00 when Willy responded to her text that he would not arrive for dinner until 8:00 we decided to prep dinner.  Suzette processed cauliflower flowerets into Couscous sized granules and then sautéed them in a large skillet in butter and added green bean sections and mushroom slices for about fifteen minutes until the cauliflower began to take on color and the green beans and mushrooms were cooked.

I removed the hindquarters of the chicken to a plate that Suzette reheated in the microwave covered with Saran.  Suzette also shucked three ears of corn and boiled them in a large pot of boiling water.

The dinner was delicious and healthy and very much on the diet.

Unfortunately, later in the evening we went significantly off the diet when Suzette made Bananas Foster by sautéing banana chunks in a sauce of brown sugar and butter and then flambeing it by adding a dousing of cognac and lighting the mixture. I scooped several scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and Suzette ladled the banana mixture over the scoops of ice cream.

I had to drink three cups of hot tea to wash down the dinner and dessert, but I loved every bite of it.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment