Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28, 2019 Lunch – Range Café, Bernalillo and Book Club Meeting

February 28, 2019  Lunch – Range Café, Bernalillo and Book Club Meeting

I woke at 7:00 and was immediately Suzette shunted me into the back bedroom for yoga.  It was hard today for some reason which became apparent later in the afternoon.

I rode with Charlie and Ron to the Book Club meeting lunch at the Range in Bernalillo at 11:30.  I tried yo order something simple, black bean soup with bacon and ham. It may have been bad because after we drove to Jack’s house for the meeting I began to shiver and feel bad.




I loved this month’s read, Goodbye to a River by John Graves from Fort Worth about canoeing the Brazos River from Possum Kingdom Dam to near Lake Whitney.  I used to canoe with the Boy Scouts along this same stretch of river and loved its wildness.

After the meeting Jack served a dessert of Texas sheet cake, which I remember being served for lunch in elementary school.

It was a wonderful meeting full of great memories.

After the meeting around 4:25 we drove back home and I put on my pajamas and lay in bed.

I passed on diner but Suzette gave me a Tylenol and later I sucked on a sugar pill to get some nourishment.

We went to bed a little after 9:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment