Sunday, February 10, 2019

February 10, 2019 Brunch – sautéed Onion and Kale with a Poached Egg and bacon. Dinner – Baked Fruit Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Caprese Salad and Sautéed Fresh Garbanzo beans and Asparagus tips

February 10, 2019 Brunch – sautéed Onion and Kale with a Poached Egg and bacon. Dinner – Baked Fruit Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Caprese Salad and Sautéed Fresh Garbanzo beans and Asparagus tips.

I awakened at 7:45 and watched Fareed Zacharia in bed.  At 9:00 I toasted 1/3 of a bagel and smeared it with cream cheese and drank a cup of tea with it.

Willy was coming over at 11:00, so I chopped kale and onions and garlic for a sauté and fried six pieces of bacon to crisp.

When Willy arrived Suzette pouched an egg for each of us and he toasted the rest of the everything bagel.  I sliced and toasted another 1/3 of a regular bagel and laid slices of Jarlsberg cheese on it.  We drank tea with brunch and watched Man City thump Chelsea 6 to 0.



At 1:00 after Willy left to play soccer and Suzette went to work I went riding.  Today I rode to Mountain Rd. So about five miles.



When I returned I took the Haddock water color to Fedex and shipped it to Billy.

When I got home I worked a bit and then ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a cup of tea.

Soon after I lay down Suzette arrived from her day at work. We each ate a bag of popcorn.

Around 5:30 we started cooking.  I popped the fresh garbanzo beans out of their husks while Suzette diced asparagus.

She then rehydrated some apricots and figs and peeled and added two Bosc pears that she then puréed in the Cuisinart.  She made a deep slit in one of the pork tenderloins we has thawed today and stuffed the fruit into the cavity

I made a Caprese salad with the three renaming aroma tomatoes, the 8 oz. ball of fresh mozzarella, fresh basil leaves from the plant I bought at Sprouts several days ago and slices of red onion.  I made a simple balsamic and olive oil dressing with a dash of salt and pepper.




She then baked the stuffed pork tender in the oven for about thirty minutes and made the rest of the puréed fruit into a sauce by adding cognac and heating it.


When Willy arrived Suzette sautéed the vegetables and I dressed the Caprese salad and sliced the
stuffed Pork Tender and we plated our plates.





I chilled one of the bottles of 2016 Benton Lane Rose that was delivered yesterday.   We liked it a lot. It has character and body even though it is 100% Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.


Willy and I ate Pieces of the moist Clementine and Almond flour cake.

We watched the Grammy ceremony and around 8:15 Willy left.

I started blogging while Suzette kept watching.the Grammys.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment