Friday, February 22, 2019

February 22, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Spaghetti with Mushroom and Meat Spaghetti Sauce

February 22, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Spaghetti with Mushroom and Meat Spaghetti Sauce

 I did not eat anything for breakfast.

At 11:30 I made a Vietnamese miso noodle soup with three kinds of noodles, chicken meat, dehydrated chicken stock, red miso, bok Choy, red onion, chicken mini-dumplings, pho seasoning, and medium tofu.

I seasoned the soup with fresh cilantro, hoisin and shiracha.

I started stewing the tough chicken from last night’s meal with tomato and onion covered with water and later added oregano and avocado leaves for the stuffing for  chile rellenos next week.

At 4:00 I started making the Bolognese sauce.  I clumped the chuck ground meat into small balls and sautéed them.  I then removed the meat and drained off the fat.  I then sautéed two diced onions in olive oil and then added ten cloves of diced garlic, five diced mushrooms, and ¼ orange bell pepper diced.  After those ingredients softened we returned the meatballs.  I then added three diced Roma tomatoes.  Suzette took over at 5:00 and added red wine, chicken stock, and 1 cup of tomato sauce.

I went to the bank at 5:15 and returned at 6:00.

Suzette decided to make spaghetti for dinner.  At 6:30 we ate dinner, a lovely combination of Bolognese and spaghetti.


We ate moose tracks chocolate ice cream with rum for dessert later.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment