Friday, February 22, 2019

February 21, 2019 Lunch – Powdrell’s BBQ. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with lemon flavored sautéed zucchini

February 21, 2019 Lunch – Powdrell’s BBQ. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with lemon flavored sautéed zucchini

At 1:00 I went to lunch at Powdrell’s BBQ with Roger.  I ate BBQ chicken, collard greens, and beans.  Roger ate a chipped beef sandwich.
Powdrell’s smoked chicken with greens and beans and a corn Johnny cake is my favorite BBQ meal in Albuquerque.



I had a busy day of work but at 5:00 I drove to El Super to refill the larder. I bought mangos, a pineapple, sweet limes, cilantro, parsley, radishes, zucchini, green beans, four chicken quarters, 2 ½ lb. of ground chuck, yogurt, 3 small avocados, and bananas.

I took the groceries home, mentioned Bobby Flay chicken, and then went to meditate at 6:15.

When I returned home Suzette was cooking the chicken.  Bobby Flay Chicken combines two cooking methods, first sautéing the chicken pieces on top of the stove weighted with a skillet filled with water and then baked in the oven.


When I returned home at 7:30 I sliced two zucchini, 2 oz. of red onion, and Suzette sautéed the vegetables in olive oil with some oregano.and a final squeeze of lemon juice.



We found the chicken tough and decided to stew it and use the meat as filling for poblano Chile rellenos.

We were tired and went to bed at 9:00.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment