Monday, February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019 Lunch – PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Sautéed Sweet Italian Sausages with mashed potatoes and celeriac and braised cabbage

February 4, 2019 Lunch –  PPI Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Sautéed Sweet Italian Sausages with mashed potatoes and celeriac and braised cabbage

The cassoulet was so filling last night that I was not hungry for breakfast.  At 11:00 I started heating a pot of PPI Miso Noodle Soup I had made last Wednesday.  I added water, some dehydrated chicken stock, sesame oil, Chinese cooking wine, five chicken filled mini-dumplings, two beef meatballs sliced, and two egg whites, which I guess technically made it an egg drop soup.  It was delicious. I garnished the soup with fresh cilantro and dipped the bits of meat and dumplings into a mixture of hoisin sauce and sriracha and drank green tea with it.

At 2:30 I went to my last physical therapy session.  When it ended at 4:00 I went to the bank to straighten out some issues in my accounts.  I made it home a few minutes before 5:00 and started to thaw out three Sweet Italian Sausages I had bought at Sprouts several weeks ago.

When Suzette came home and asked what was for dinner, I said, “Sausages, Mashed Potatoes and Celeriac and Braised Cabbage”.

This is one of Suzette’s favorite meals.  She was inspired to go to the kitchen and cook everything after I peeled and diced four Yukon Gold potatoes and a medium sized bulb of celeriac we bought at the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market a week ago and fetch a head of green cabbage.

She simmered the potatoes and celeriac and mashed them with butter and half and half.  She thinly sliced ½ of a medium head of green cabbage and braised it with caraway seeds and the three halved sausages   I fetched two beers from the garage and chilled them in the freezer until dinner was ready.

Suzette plated the dishes with a pile of mashed potatoes on which she laid braised cabbage and two pieces of sausage.


Suzette loved dinner because it connected her to her German heritage.

We watched the Antiques Roadshow, but went to sleep before the end of the second episode at 9:00.

At 9:00 we went to sleep.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment